The Singles 1969-1973

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

Hello! I am a huge Carpenters fan and I'm 14. I don't know why but I just love the Carpenters!! :) : :)

well anyway I imported The Singles 1969-1973 from Canada from CD Universe and most of the songs are different. Goodbye to Love is a different version than from what I've heard. We've only just begun has that oveture that I really love. Superstar has different drum beats at 2:56 and Rainy Days and Mondays has a different ending.

Can anybody give me information about the mixes? Also I would like to have information on Goodbye to Love. It is my favorite song :!:

Also I really think they should bring back the Singles 1969-1973 to the US :!: :!: :!:

and I was browsing Amazon.com and came across this CD and it was labled SACD. What does this mean?

Hi there.

THE SINGLES 1969-1973 does indeed contain different mixes of the songs. All of these remixes were done in 1973 (the original mixes are the ones on the original albums).

New recording was done for some songs (new lead vocal for "Ticket to Ride," new intros and segues recorded for several songs, new instrument parts added to some songs, and of course the single version of "Top of the World" was used rather than the album version). The piano track was moved all the way to the left for side 1 of the album, which makes the album very interesting to listen to with your balance shifted all the way to the right.

It's all this work that was put into THE SINGLES 1969-1973 that makes it such a special album. It's so much more than just a collection of "hits." It's a true work of art...

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom