The Singles Vinyl @ Target

It's probably similar to last year's Amy Grant HOME FOR CHRISTMAS on clear "Coke Bottle" vinyl that was an exclusive at Cracker Barrel. Good catch, Greg.

"Coke Bottle" vinyl, that is a new one on me. Is the sound quality somehow improved with this?

I guess the vinyl would look like this (example)?;

Does target ship to the U.K., ? I had a look but can’t find a link for outside USA. Might but if shipping not too expensive.

I wonder if these are limited numbered on the jacket. I’m assuming this would not be 180 gram vinyl? I wonder too if the same digital tapes will be used to master this clear vinyl as was used on the Carpenters vinyl box collection.

Given it's Universal product, I'd pass. Their quality level is atrocious. Digital sources also wouldn't appeal to me. (I fear the analog masters are probably gone, thanks to the last Universal barbecue...)

I didn't bother with the big vinyl box set that they pushed out a few years ago. Having all original vinyl in decent shape was enough for me. But I DID bite on the special white vinyl of the RPO set, and I went for the Amy Grant HOME FOR CHRISTMAS on clear green vinyl. These seemed a bit special to me, not just another repressing, but a collector-thing. I'll be grabbing one of these SINGLES 69-73 pressings on clear bottle vinyl too. All of these are really for just owning, looking at, admiring, and maybe an occasional play - not for actual normal play. The CDs and their ripped files serve just fine for that. So it won't really matter if the vinyl is a bit noisy. I hope it won't be - my RPO and Amy Grant are pretty good actually.

It would be cool if the logo was embossed like the original LP. I have 2 original The Singles 1969-1973 LP's, one has the logo embossed with the original GH Gold Promo Sticker the other is not embossed. I'm curious too if they will include the replicated booklet inside, UMe did include it in the Vinyl Collection Box set. I'm looking forward to this collectable. It seems I'm adding a lot of colored vinyl to my collection over the past several years.

I've seen a lot more colored vinyl in the past four years than in prior years--they are getting quite creative with the combinations now.

Coke bottle colored vinyl? Has anyone thought to do a Sprite bottle? Hmmm....now I'm waiting for a biker band to put out a record on beer-bottle-colored vinyl. 😁

I've seen a lot more colored vinyl in the past four years than in prior years--they are getting quite creative with the combinations now.

Coke bottle colored vinyl? Has anyone thought to do a Sprite bottle? Hmmm....now I'm waiting for a biker band to put out a record on beer-bottle-colored vinyl. 😁

:rotf:

Wouldn't "Hurting Each Other," covered by a biker band, be a good soundtrack to a brawl of Harley riders? 😁

Hahaha most DEFINITELY!! But I'm sure fans would much prefer to hear the duo's unreleased version of "Tequila," no??

I agree with Chris May. A clear brown or gold vinyl would have been better. Has anyone made a brown vinyl? I’ve seen gold a couple of times.

Target News...

Right now they are offering a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" promotion on movies and music and the Carpenters Singles vinyl is included in the sale. So if you see two more items you might be interested in, you can the third item for free! If you already ordered the vinyl, it's very easy to cancel

Just received another copy of Royal Phil since they had the buy 2 get 1 free, black vinyl. I was hoping after a year on that the pressing would be better than the other 2, one white, one black from last year. It’s just as bad. Full of annoying pops and ticks. I pray the Singles is better, but I doubt it. The yellow vinyl Abba gold 2 record set, gold vinyl was almost flawless. It was manufactured in France though. A Universal product, but not pressed here. I just opened the clear vinyl 2 lp set Neil Diamond All-Time Greatest Hits, a Target exclusive. Pretty quite. It’s a Capital UMe pressing. So I guess there’s hope for the Singles 1969-1973. 🤞

Last edited:
Hi...

Just curious... how were your vinyl records packed for shipping? I recently ordered, like yourself, the gold disc version of ABBA Gold from Target. The LP was sent in a plastic bag with no protection. All four corners were dented. They sent me a replacement and the second one was damaged even worse!!! I called customer service and complained that if you are selling vinyl you have to package them in boxes!!! I'm sure the call did no good! It's been my experience with Target if you order one vinyl, it's shipped in a bag... more than one disc is shipped in a box. Fingers crossed for the Singles disc!!!

The Abba cover was bent. Not happy about that, but the vinyl was almost flawless, so I kept it. It was shipped UPS between 2 pieces of cardboard and tape. Bad! The 3 I received today were in a proper box as you described. The shipments were from two different places. BTW they are sold out of Royal Phil. My friend got his today, but it was a Lou Reed album, not Carpenters. He called customer service, and they said it was sold out. Gave him a refund. He’s pretty p.o. at then for the error. Yes, fingers crossed for The Singles. Glad I ordered 2 of them then.

Hi...

Just curious... how were your vinyl records packed for shipping? I recently ordered, like yourself, the gold disc version of ABBA Gold from Target. The LP was sent in a plastic bag with no protection. All four corners were dented. They sent me a replacement and the second one was damaged even worse!!! I called customer service and complained that if you are selling vinyl you have to package them in boxes!!! I'm sure the call did no good! It's been my experience with Target if you order one vinyl, it's shipped in a bag... more than one disc is shipped in a box. Fingers crossed for the Singles disc!!!

Shipping anything in a plastic bag is horrible let alone a record! Not totally surprised because I am sure a record to Target is as valuable as a pack of toilet paper. I also ordered the clear bottle vinyl and they better not ship it in a bag!

Back
Top Bottom