The Talents of Karen and Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigGA

Even through all of the contraversial topics that we have had on here recently, the focus of Karen and Richard's talent has always been brought back to the front. I think that we need to bring the focus back to this respect and ponder that fact that not only are there so many new younger fans than in the original fan base, but that it is happening at a time that there is minimal radio play for the Carpenters. The strength of their feelings with respect to the Carpenters musical contribution is heart-felt to me, a person of the original fan base, and demonstrates how their music transcends generations.

I also think that the focus needs to be brought back to the tribute sites that are closing and continue to bring suggestions as how they can carry forth their spirit and mission. Applause needs to be given to all of their hard work.

Craig

Agreed. The strength of Karen and Richard Carpenter lies in their legacy -- their recorded works. That's what they gave to the public, and it is that which we should focus upon. And it's certainly fun to speculate what new treasures (if any) await us with each new release, whether it's just a new remix, or a whole song that we've never heard before, all the while discovering new things in the old recordings and discussing them here.

Harry
...procrastinating about going to work, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom