The Ventures record...record...record!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 16 year old daughter has developed a big interest in guitar so I thought I would buy a couple of "Ventures" CDs on Amazon.com. I was amazed! There were about 150 releases and re-releases for sale. There were two versions of the same album on one CD, the stereo and mono version, there are Japan Albums never released in the U.S. A lot of these CDs have bonus tracks that were in the can but never issued before. A lot of the music is great but some of it is fair, but it is out there for the fan. Wouldn't it be cool to see the old A&M catalog and cut-outs be released to the fan base? Hasta luego amigos...Jay

There are great songs on almost any Ventures album you find, but I'd start my collection with that 2-for-1 CD featuring VENTURES PLAY TELSTAR/LONELY BULL and VENTURES IN SPACE.
A few years ago I came across a Canadian Ventures GREATEST HITS album. Although I had the songs on other albums I grabbed this one immediately -- because it's on A&M (SP 69936); the only Ventures record on A&M I've ever seen.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom