The "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nice idea, but maybe it'd be easier for people to deal with if it was "What did you listen to today?"

Right now, Dad's radio, pouring in from the kitchen... Afterwhich I will probably fall asleep to my Bobby Goldsboro Honey: 23 Greatest Hits CD, which I have with a few other tracks burned on, which are otherwise from his 10th Anniversary Album, though from a couple of other CD's of his...

Dave

Al Hirt, Music To Watch Girls By. This album also features "Mas Que Nada". It also features a bit of crud--it needs a trip through the record vacuum.

I'm listening to "The Savage Nation". Plus the news of that sad pathetic person named Ana Nicole Smith. It seems the "fast lane" can take you down fast.... These are the so-called "role models" for our children. Britney Spears, Lohan, Madonna, etc. Good riddance.

Bernie: Nice to know another Michael Savage fan around here. Won't get into the politics of this too much, but did you hear that he's mulling a presidential run? :wink:

Anyway, currently playing: Walter Wanderley, Kee-Ka-Roo; Marcos Valle, Samba '68; Johnny Hammond, Breakout; J & K SP 3016; Azymuth, Tightrope Walker.

Bill Withers: "Watching You Watching Me", the album *and* the song, currently. This guy needs to record something new already--this was released in 1985, and was his last recording. He has a few more good ones in him IMHO.

currently playing: Walter Wanderley, Kee-Ka-Roo; Marcos Valle, Samba '68; Johnny Hammond, Breakout; J & K SP 3016; Azymuth, Tightrope Walker.

What do you have, like 5 stereos playing at the same time?? :D

Today I listened to WARM and THE BRASS ARE COMIN (in the vehicle) and XM 70s on 7 (at work). Will be listening to Bruce Williams (radio talk show) at the theatre tonight while working on film.

Pat Metheny Group, Letter From Home on LP, just finished.

Currently playing "It Hurts To Be in Love", Gene Pitney LP The Greatest Hits of All Times on the Musicor label. This one also has a few Bacharach tracks on it.

Next up: Rosemary Clooney/Perez Prado, A Touch of Tabasco. The song "Corazon de Melon" was a hit in South America back in the day.

B000FWGU1G.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Argh! Bruce Williams was a re-run that I've already heard, so now I'm listening to the sound of silence.

Mike Blakesley said:
Argh! Bruce Williams was a re-run that I've already heard, so now I'm listening to the sound of silence.

Is that from the "Graduate" soundtrack? Is it on a Columbia "360-Sound" LP pressing? :whistle:

Don't worry, my "collection" is pretty small right now, so I won't be posting much over here... :wink:

I'm thinking of playing my Richard Harris My Boy/Slides 2-CD reissue on Raven, which includes two Non-LP '45'-Bonus Cuts on each disc... Mind you, the My Boy disc is all that means anything to me, and that gets the most play; Slides has a couple of worthy tunes, but even Harris admits that the album was "pure rubbish"... I don't think of it as that, but only the Bonus Tracks and a couple of the original songs get any play from me--Seems I gotta burn them onto the My Boy disc... Usually punch out the last track (#14, "The Mourining for The Morning of Another Kennedy") on my player, then program the songs #1-#12, in the same order as the orig. LP, with #14 between the "two sides" and end the set with #13, "Ballad of a Man Called Horse"...

Dave

Pat Metheny/Lyle Mays: As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom