The "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy said:
Rosie Vela: "Zazu". Arrived at A&M in 1986, and sank without a trace. Even the all-star cast (Gary Katz producing; Donald Fagen, Walter Becker, Rick Derringer, Jimmy Haslip, Larry Fast, Jim Keltner, and others) didn't rescue it from obscurity. Closest thing to a Steely Dan reunion we had in 1986...

I was pretty excited about that album- what happened to her???

The newest Laura Pausini album, IO CANTO (the Italian version).

Harry

Idris Muhammad (formerly Leo Morris): Power of Soul
Medeski, Martin and Wood: Uninvisible (currently in the running for most bizarre album I've heard)

Baja Marimba Band- the "Fresh Air" CD- LOVE IT, did not really LOVE it till the CD- It is really cool. Now it's a fave BMB album..

Just finished: Bill Withers, "Menagerie" on CD. Think I'll do Pat Metheny's "Secret Story" next.

"Now, ROCHESTER!" :laugh:

Now playing--Donald Fagen, "The Nightfly", German LP pressing.

Peter Gabriel's fourth album (which the diehard PG fan in me refuses to call "Security"), on SACD. The smoke has just cleared from playing "Rhythm Of The Heat", first time I've ever heard it with the subwoofer. WHOA! :shock:

Bill Withers: Watching You Watching Me (finally found the CD, cheap!)

cm_watchwhat_front.jpg
This album is pretty good. I'm guessing the applause was overdubbed onto the record...?

audiofile said:
cm_watchwhat_front.jpg
This album is pretty good. I'm guessing the applause was overdubbed onto the record...?

Indeed it was. Same way that there are overdubs on the Pete Jolly "Give A Damn" album: the horns on that album are overdubbed, as is the wild applause on the title track. (I mean, c'mon, that kind of applause at a jazz club? Sheesh. ) The other applause is real, and more what you'd hear in Jolly's typical "trio" gigs.

Avalanches "Since You've Gone"

--Mr Bill
"and he also made false teeth..."

Rudy said:
Rosie Vela: "Zazu". Arrived at A&M in 1986, and sank without a trace...

Steven J. Gross said:
[I was pretty excited about that album- what happened to her???

I guess she didn't have a rosie career as an A&M artist!

--Mr Bill

Steven J. Gross said:
Rudy said:
Rosie Vela: "Zazu". Arrived at A&M in 1986, and sank without a trace. Even the all-star cast (Gary Katz producing; Donald Fagen, Walter Becker, Rick Derringer, Jimmy Haslip, Larry Fast, Jim Keltner, and others) didn't rescue it from obscurity. Closest thing to a Steely Dan reunion we had in 1986...

I was pretty excited about that album- what happened to her???

Missed your earlier post...

Here's a site someone pointed me to that had a lot of information about her (including a story of how Steely Dan got reunited):

http://zazu.zzzimbob.com/

Yo Steven--did you catch my link to Rosie V's site above? :wave:

NP: TJB, Lonely Bull, mono LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom