They're heeere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
Well, I got 3 of the Japanese new releases today. (Spoilers ahead for packaging freaks!)

PAIS TROPICAL
STILLNESS
HERB ALPERT PRESENTS

They all have exact reproductions of the album cover, right down to the "side one, side two" designators and the notations that "This album is also available on stereo tapes" on PAIS and STILLNESS. PAIS is particularly cool in that it reproduces the "flap" that was on the original album. The CDs themselves are pretty plain...just silver with the album title in plain lettering. No extra liner notes, except in Japanese (not that I was expecting any!)

As has been mentioned, PAIS comes with a bonus track, the title tune in Japanese. I was thinking that "The Crab" would've been a better choice for a bonus track here, since it fits in so well with the album, but I hear it's on PRIMAL ROOTS? Seems like an odd fit.

The disks all come with lyric sheets, with the typical mistakes. Some are pretty funny, as usual.

Haven't checked out the sound yet, but I will be in the next couple of hours! :D :D :D

All in all, great releases at a great price! I never thought I would hold an actual non-homemade CD copy of STILLNESS or PAIS TROPICAL in my hand. Now if only the PRIMAL ROOTS disk gets back in stock.......

Mine too! Just got here today, fast service. Of course now I wish I had the money to send for all of them at once. Have you heard if Dusty Groove will restock on these? :?:
NP- Ye Me Le

No, but you can sign up to be reminded when they do come back in stock. You'll get an e-mail when they come back in. But, they don't give any advance dates or anything, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom