This One's For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

I found "This one's for you where ever you are" sung by Karen(only two seconds) a few month ago. I can't listen to it on the website now.

When Karen sang "This One's For You"?
I wish I knew how I colud listen to a full song.

Sakura
happily listened to Olivia's "Close To You"

If I recall correctly, that clip was from a radio interview. Karen sang a few seconds of "This One's For You", and then told the DJ that "this song rips me to shreds".

This One's From 1976 (One of Manilow's Best Recordings) was Briefly Sung by Karen during BBC Radio Special at Carpenters A&M Office.

This was an Absolute Carpenters Favourite .....Perhaps this was Sung at Vegas / Tahoe Either as One that Got Away or a Medley of Favourite Songs ..Certainly Hope Richard has Archive Recording of this Song Somewhere :)

Peter

Thanks for your messages.

Peter
Thanks again detailed. I'd like to know "One that Got Away". Can I listen to it?
What songs did they perform as a Medley of Favourite Songs?

I hope Richard has Archive Recording in his house or "Yesterday Once More"
Warehouse and he will make CD of them someday.

I enjoyed the Carpenters Live twice in 1976. I am glad that I saw Karen in
the dress of which color was different from one I saw at Budokan
in DVD(Twenty-two Hits Of The Carpneters-Gold CD + DVD).

Thanks Rick for your link. I could not listen to them.
Does anyone listen to them?

Sakura
in Japan with cherry trees in full bloom.

Sakura :

Sorry - One That Got Away is not Another Song Title for This One's For You , I was using Richard's Expression on Songs He Wished Carpenters Had Recorded Through the Years:cool:

Some Song Titles Richard has Referred to and May Have Been Recorded Either as Complete Tracks in Rehearsal / Demo Form / Live Performances and Some as Part of Medleys :

Love Story (Where Do I Begin) ?

I Don't Know How To Love Him

This One's For You

Breaking Up is Hard To Do (Ballad Version)

Just Hope Richard Has Excellent Archive Copies and Will Release as Part of Future Rarities Album or Box Set Extras :) :)

Peter....Ever Hopeful......

Peter,

Thanks a lot. I wish I heard Karen sung a ballad version of "Breaking Up is Hard To Do".
I wonder if it would be just like a ballad version that Richard arranged for Neil Sedaka.

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom