"Those Good Old Dreams" Video....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
Have any of you noticed while watching the video of "Those Good Old Dreams" (Found on 'Yesterday Once More'/Carpenters "GOLD") that the intro has been extended by a couple of bars? It starts off with the open/closed highhat like on the album, and then after (2) bars, it starts over again? I remember noting this some time back, and after taking another glance at it last night, I thought I'd make mention of it. (Kinda like those 'Nick at Nite' classic "rewinds"...gotta catch those little nuggets). :wink:

I hadn't noticed it before, but now that you point it out...

It would appear that the compiler of the video needed just a bit of extra time to show more of the record manufacturing process, so Richard obliged and looped one more opening rift to accomodate. The video also runs at a slower speed than the record or CD.

Harry
NP: Carpenters GOLD DVD

I always thought this songs was cute and enjoy the video, but it is not something I expected as single from a group making a comeback after a silence of three years in the recording product.

Craig

I like this song very much, because it brings back some nostalgic memories to me.....

But the video is terrible! Karen looks fine, but look at Tony Peluso, pretending to play guitar!

But the worst thing about this video are those pictures of Karen and Richard as kids and with their parents. Awful! I thought, that they had changed their image in 1981, but no.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom