Ticket to Ride - off pitch/re-record?

I was reading somewhere (I can't remember where) that the original "Ticket To Ride" recording captured Karen (in a rare occurrence) of her singing off-pitch. I wanted to give it a listen and compare to her new lead done for the '69-'73 Singles album. I looked a the Complete Carpenter Recording Resource here on these boards and see there was a single released in mono and then the Offering/Ticket To Ride album version. Which one should I be looking for? Or are those two the same recording?

They're from the same main recording. The openings were "spliced" onto the main body of the record, so there are minor differences between the stereo and the mono.

I was reading somewhere (I can't remember where) that the original "Ticket To Ride" recording captured Karen (in a rare occurrence) of her singing off-pitch. I wanted to give it a listen and compare to her new lead done for the '69-'73 Singles album. I looked a the Complete Carpenter Recording Resource here on these boards and see there was a single released in mono and then the Offering/Ticket To Ride album version. Which one should I be looking for? Or are those two the same recording?
Also at the time Karen had a cold, so some of her takes on “Offering” were being affected by her congestion.

I’ve actually never noticed the off-pitch singing. I prefer Karen’s more natural, exuberant singing in the 1969 recording of ‘Ticket to Ride’, over the re-recorded version.

Wish i could find a good priced 1998 cd. Trying to track the remasters is hard. So far only got CTY, S/T, ASFY, and Singles (and if you count it, US Interpretations). I'll get the 86 issues in time.

Wish i could find a good priced 1998 cd. Trying to track the remasters is hard. So far only got CTY, S/T, ASFY, and Singles (and if you count it, US Interpretations). I'll get the 86 issues in time.
Go on Amazon. Amazon.ca has the 2012 SHM CD from Japan for just under $25 CDN. The CD used the 1998 Remastered Masters, just pressed on the supposedly “superior” SHM format. It’s suppose to be clearer for the laser to read the disc, otherwise what’s on the disc is the exact same 1’s and 0’s as the 1998 discs. And I think Japan issued all the albums, including An Old-Fashioned Christmas by itself on SHM in both your normal Cd Case and a mini-LP reproduction format. Although, as far as I know they didn’t reissue Ticket in the Red Label variety.

Thanks. Just trying to be consistant with the releases tho. Like eventually Ill get the UK Interpretations to go with the RC.

Back
Top Bottom