"Ticket To Ride" video - when was it released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit1234

I have a question about the "Ticket To Ride" video and I was wondering if anyone had an answer. When was this video shot and released? The reason I ask is because the video features the second version (recorded for Singles 1969-1973) yet the song was originally released in 1969. Was the video released five years after the Carpenters originally recorded the song? Or was the video re-edited to feature the second version?

Amit....a big fan of Gold: The Greatest Hits DVD....

According to Richard's liner notes on the INTERPRETATIONS VHS, the video was shot on Karen's 20th birthday in March 1970.

I guess, but don't know, that the original video featured the original song version.
The piano intro on INTERPRETATIONS was filmed in 1985 for the release of YESTERDAY ONCE MORE VHS, I guess.

Bruno

Bruno

I think you're right, the video clip is Karen miming to her original lead vocal, you can tell by the way she pronounces some of the words, ever so slightly differently to the re-recorded 1973 version, just in terms of phrasing and the like.

Does anyone else think this song was saved by the rerecorded lead? I hate to say it, but Karen seemed to sing flat on the original, I shudder every time I hear it, but she breathed new life into it when it was redone.

Stephen

So let me get this straight - the video on 'Gold - The Greatest Hits' DVD should actually feature the 1969 version but it instead features the version which appeared on 'The Singles 1969-1981'. That's weird. The video looks like she's singing to the 1973 version....oh well....

Amit....a big fan of the Carpenters videos (even the atrocious "Beechwood 45789") online....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom