TIME - Who Do You Love?*

I was wondering, how far along was " Time" in June 1985 ?
As this,
June 1985:
"Carpenter expects to release his record by next Spring, following up with a tour."
Source:
Mohave Daily Miner - Google News Archive Search »

I think he'd barely started it by June 1985. If I'm not mistaken his first daughter Kristi was born around the same time so he would have been preoccupied with fatherhood. His album went on hold for around a year until mid 1986 while A&M Studios went through a major overhaul of their premises.

It's interesting that in this article he said he knew Karen was ill but didn't think she'd pass away. In another (TV) interview he was asked if he thought it was serious enough that she could pass away and he replied "oh sure".

Last edited:
Who Do You Love? is one of my favorites on this disc. I wish he would have stayed in this vein vs going forward with the style he chose for his next disc.

I was one of those that kept anticipating Time's release way back in the day and this was a favorite track of mine from that album. I really liked the album and, aside from the Scott Grimes musical abortion, RC sure has a lot to be proud of here.

I may be the only one - but I didn't dislike the Scott Grimes tune. I thought it was catchy and had a good beat. I'd give it a 75 , Mr. Clark... :wink:

I just saw this on Canada's iTunes, but Richard's Time album, along with his second album are on iTunes. So while I doubt we'll ever see a physical reissue, it appears that it did get a digital reissue.

Back
Top Bottom