📷 Gallery TJB Memory Lane (Overseas Releases)

Threads with gallery-like content.
They probably still wouldn't care. They might eventually tolerate it, but I wouldn't waste time or effort trying to get those people to appreciate something they obviously never will anyway. WE will always cherish those old toeknee4bz

They probably still wouldn't care. They might eventually tolerate it, but I wouldn't waste time or effort trying to get those people to appreciate something they obviously never will anyway. WE will always cherish those old records.
Right you are toeknee4bz I knew that long ago but to paraphrase my late Dad's old saying " That's fine More for us"

Here is another LP of Herb and the TJB which was published according to discogs in 1970 by AMIGA in the German Democratic Republic. AMIGA was the only record company in the GDR and of course totally controlled by the communism goverment. Even these guys couldn't escape the strong influence of Herbs music in those days.

See front cover:

R-500053-1149702825.jpeg.jpg

I have doubts if this picture is really taken in Tijuana. Signs of SINGER and WOOLWORTH are there, but also at least two french cars.

Back cover:

R-500053-1149702836.jpeg.jpg

It's obviously the first release of Herb's music in the former GDR because this LP appears on the back cover of the second one.

According to my knowledge these two LP's "A Banda" and "Im Tijuana Taxi" were the only ones which were officially released behind the "iron curtain". Does anyone have more information about this assumption? Are there russian or even chinese releases?
Looking forward to your answers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom