TJB tunes that never had been released on records or CD

Arthur

Hi,

I came across this youtube video of Herb and the TJB playing a concert in London in the year 1969:

The first part of this clip is the song "Music to Watch Girls by". This song was never released on a LP or CD.
What a shame because it fits very well to the kind of music the TJB performed in those days.
That's also the case with this cover song

May be this one was only produced for the TV special "The Beat of the Brass".

Are there any other TJB songs which haven't been released on singles, LPs or CD's?
Do you know more?

Have a nice day.
Arthur

"California Girls" (w/The Merry-Go-Round) was released as a bonus hidden track on this compilation on Rev-Ola records back in 2005 called LISTEN, LISTEN: THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION.

1663068865586.png

There are two songs they did for commercials, one is "The Union Oil Song", and the other a "BankAmericard" spot. In their first TV special they did "Whistle While You Work"/"Heigh-Ho" while dancing around with the seven dwarves.

Later on in the mid-70s, the newer T.J.B. performed two songs on TV shows that never made it to record: "Somewhere" and "Desert Dance".

Last edited:
I came across this youtube video of Herb and the TJB playing a concert in London in the year 1969:
Hadn't seen this fragment before. Herb's struggling, but, man, it's great to see and hear Bob's bone take on more of a prominent role than normally heard on the LPs.

Desert Dance remains one of my favorites from the early 70's period. I managed to learn to play along by ear. "Somewhere" was on the Dinah Shore show, and it's too bad I no longer have that tape I made of it way back then. It was pretty good!

"Desert Dance" and "Neverland" were the two performed on The Midnight Special in 1975... "Somewhere" on Dinah Shore a short time later. Then the TJB was disbanded for the second time.

--Mr Bill

I sure hope if that Midnight Special featuring the TJB ever sees the light of day, they'll track down the original footage of "Desert Dance" and get rid of that horrible video effect that ruins most of the original broadcast. Maybe they could make that a "bonus track." I doubt it even still exists though. I'd love to see some closeups of Julius' work on that song too.

Back
Top Bottom