Top 500 Songs (Carpenters need your vote)

Simon KC1950

The Carpenters need your vote!

Each year Smooth Radio in the UK hold a vote for the 500 greatest songs of all time (as you all may know the British public love and listen to older music just as much as new music)

Last year I spread the word to try and get fans to vote for the Carpenters.

Here are last years chart positions for our duo:

-Ticket To Ride #476
-For All We Know #273
-Please Mr. Postman #182
-I Won't Last A Day Without You #159
-Yesterday Once More #149
-Only Yesterday #117
-Rainy Days And Mondays #113
-Top Of The World #104
-Goodbye To Love #83
-Close To You #53
-We've Only Just Begun #36

I let Richard know of these last year and he thanked me for letting him know and said that it made his day.

Whilst It's great they had 11 songs in a public vote of the Top 500 songs including 3 in the Top 100 and 1 in Top 40, this year I want to see more Carpenters songs on the chart and at higher positions, let's fill the Top 100 with Carpenters songs! I think this is great as it is truly a reflection of public opinion unlike biased lists and honours such as the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame.

You get 3 votes, you can vote by selecting Facebook, Twitter or Email after selecting your votes here on the Smooth radio website:

Smooth Top 500 | 2018

No, I'm just making Carpenters fans aware of the vote so they can vote for their favourite artist. I'm not a certain country we all know about in the news.:laugh:
You’re missing the point. If it is a U.K. Programme for UK listeners and the website only allows people in the U.K. to cast a vote, you are encouraging manipulation of the result by telling those from overseas to enter any valid U.K. Postcode so they can cast a vote. So when the radio stations announces something like "...and here are the top 10 songs as voted by the U.K. public......" that in fact will be a distortion of the truth.

You’re missing the point. If it is a U.K. Programme for UK listeners and the website only allows people in the U.K. to cast a vote, you are encouraging manipulation of the result by telling those from overseas to enter any valid U.K. Postcode so they can cast a vote. So when the radio stations announces something like "...and here are the top 10 songs as voted by the U.K. public......" that in fact will be a distortion of the truth.

This is accurate, although I am 100% certain votes are coming in for various performers, from all over Europe and the USA, via spoofed information...it will be inaccurate, in this sense, no matter what. One can argue the ethical merits of this, of course.

Whilst it is a UK radio station, it has listeners in various countries, Brits on holiday ect. And I think we need to put this into context, It's a vote for songs by universal artists on a radio station that's based in Britain, not a country's election we are meddling in.

It’s just an easy listening radio poll and a bit of fun. Nobody is going to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a result of their song winning :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom