Top Of The World version 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the date , probably Carpenters performance of TOTW from Bob Hope TV Special (Autumn 1973) .....which I saw on Bob Hope UK Clips Compilation a few years back :)

Richard could of course issue other filmed performances from Specials / Live Concerts on future Video / DVD issues :o

Peter

Sory for the delay in replying, but I just needed to find a few minutes (when I remembered!) to check out that DVD. It's a Brazilian DVD, apparently officially released, and as I recall, was actually given away to subscribers to a particular Brazilian music magazine/newspaper. Many of them were sold on eBay, including one to me, as this was the one of the first Carpenters music video DVDs to make it in a region 1/region 0 coding.

"Top Of The World" (version 2) is included on this DVD as a bonus track. It's an odd video, as it starts abruptly and seems to feature the same video as the other one, Karen standing and singing next to Richard, seated playing the piano. They're in front of that "plush sun" backdrop, and I believe the original hails from the old Make Your Own Kind Of Music series. Then in the middle of this 'bonus' version, the video switches to an edited version of the "I Need To Be In Love" video, with them arriving at an airport; then there's shots of the plane flying, followed by the film footage of their arrival in Japan from the Live At The Budokan video. An odd mixture, and it's seemed short to me.

This Brazilian DVD doesn't have very good quality compared to the official US Gold release, and all of the main videos hail from that program, though they are re-ordered into chronological order with some rather abrupt jump-cuts from one track to the next. If you'll recall Gold/Yesterday once More, the tracks flowed seamlessly.

Harry
...who found a minute to check this out, online...

Rechecking the listing , I would place the 1973 TOTW performance as either previously mentioned Bob Hope Special or possibly Tonight performance -both November 1973 :)

How strange to use parts of YOM / Gold Original TOTW with other clips for this Version part 2 ..... :confused:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom