Top of the World Video

Filmed on the back of their success with the Japanese show Miseinen. The Japanese always do it best. I often wonder how they “airbrushed” out the original Richard from 1976, because you cannot tell watching this when he’s sitting at the piano and Karen is interacting with him, actually putting her hand on the shoulder of the 1995 version of Richard.

Their original vinyl single sleeves during the heyday were amazing, and immaculately reproduced for the Japanese 3” CD Singles Box Set.

Wow - that is so cool. What I’m the most impressed by is how they were able to remove younger Richard without any trace. And then how Karen can still put her arm over his shoulder so seamlessly. That would impress me for something made nowadays, let alone back then.

Thank you for sharing, I had never seen that before. It indeed is magical to see.

Wow - that is so cool. What I’m the most impressed by is how they were able to remove younger Richard without any trace. And then how Karen can still put her arm over his shoulder so seamlessly. That would impress me for something made nowadays, let alone back then.

Thank you for sharing, I had never seen that before. It indeed is magical to see.
The same way that the producers were able to insert Tom Hank into all the historical footage in “Forrest Gump” and the Star Trek Deep Space Nine actors into footage from the 1968 Trek episode “The Trouble With Tribbles” & “Mirror, Mirror”, in the 1996 DS9 episode “Trials and Tribble-actions”. Lots of rotoscoping, green screen and image warping.

When I saw the topic of the post I thought it was going to be a rare version of the video, but this is a thousand times better.

I had never seen this before and I was left speechless. The editing is just amazing, and it's really a beautiful scene to see Richard meet his sister once again. It's like Richard is paying a visit to Karen right in heaven, and like Karen had kept her youth after all that time.

But it's also pretty sad to know that this is just really good editing.

Truly a heartwarming video. Thank you so much for sharing.

When I saw the topic of the post I thought it was going to be a rare version of the video, but this is a thousand times better.

I had never seen this before and I was left speechless. The editing is just amazing, and it's really a beautiful scene to see Richard meet his sister once again. It's like Richard is paying a visit to Karen right in heaven, and like Karen had kept her youth after all that time.

But it's also pretty sad to know that this is just really good editing.

Truly a heartwarming video. Thank you so much for sharing.
I think that opening where Richard is facing the camera was probably a recreated set with an actress dressed as Karen in the background.

But it wouldn’t be the first video to be re-edited digitally back then, as the video for Without A Song was also digitally re-edited with additional footage added in in order to synch up with the new cold ending.

Back
Top Bottom