Touch Me in Brazil

The pictures on the solo album barely look like photos so it would be impossible to tell. Presumably, because the album was mothballed, I'd guess that the photos never got to that stage of processing - and given how half-hearted the 1996 issue of the album was, I'd doubt the record company went to the effort of touching up the few images that were used in the press packs, etc.
The “Voice Of The Heart” photo was originally meant for the solo album.

She usually had good taste but that canary yellow ensemble was hideous.

Agreed. In retrospect, I don't understand why she was wearing an outfit that ballooned around her hips if she was concerned about her hips. First time I saw her in this was on the cover of People Magazine after her passing -- thought it was a huge injustice to her to put that shot on the cover. Then it seemed like that outfit was everywhere (even in the "Those Good Old Dreams" video). Small thing to quibble about, I guess. She could look so lovely at times.

The “Voice Of The Heart” photo was originally meant for the solo album.

It was from one of the solo sessions (the same one as the photo of her curled up on the chaor wearing the red socks), although I don't know if that particular photo was ever intended for inclusion on the original album artwork.

Is that the same outfit that she was wearing in the This Masquerade clip with Ella Fitzgerald in the Close To You documentary? It looks more filled out here, whereas with Ella, it looks like skeleton is wearing the suit!

Is that the same outfit that she was wearing in the This Masquerade clip with Ella Fitzgerald in the Close To You documentary? It looks more filled out here, whereas with Ella, it looks like skeleton is wearing the suit!

No, she looks possibly even more skeletal in that 1981 clip. The Ella taping I believe was around May of 1980 and at her wedding she had gained back some weight and, though thin, looked radiant. Then went her marriage went to hell quickly the weight dropped to what we see here.

Yellow going right back to 1970 :laugh:

Yes I noticed this the other day after reading this thread. Karen wears yellow a LOT - she's wearing a yellow shirt in the commonly viewed "Rainy Days" video on youtube, as well. I think puts to rest the idea that she might have been wearing yellow later in her career as a way of looking "brighter" when she was ill.

I've never read anywhere (that I remember) that Karen states her favorite color(s). That's the type of thing stars are often asked (especially by young fans), I wonder if it exists out there somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom