Trauma and Carpenters music

crescentnoon

I have been through the most heart wrenching trauma over the past several months. In my 35ish years on this earth, I have spent nearly half clinging to Karen Carpenter's voice during my most unbelievably trying times. There is something so incredibly comforting that it's just about impossible to put into words. I know for a fact that many of you have felt this and is why we are drawn to the Carpenters sound. Some people turn to hard drugs, some to complete and total annihilation. I put my headphones on and just melt away into an angel singing to me, allowing me to feel safe if only for a while. What a tremendous gift we were given. Thank you to every single one of you for perpetuating such miraculousness on earth. God Bless.

Sending best regards your way. I completely agree and for me, it's confounded by the fact that I was born in 72, my mom looked like Karen (which I never realized and analyzed til years later), and it's the 1st music I remember so there's that layer of comfort also. I've worked out endless crap in my life listening to them. Don't forget to reach out for help if you need.

Back
Top Bottom