Single: Touch Me When We’re Dancing
Album Track: Tryin’ To Get The Feeling Again

Album: Carpenters
Single: Tie, We've Only Just Begun/ I Won't Last A Day Without You
Album Track: You're The One
Richard's Lead: I Kept On Loving You

Todays choice:-
Album: Voice of the heart.
Single:All you get from love is a love song.
Album cut: Where do I go from here.

Today's answer (check again another day):

Album: Horizon
Single: "We've Only Just Begun"
Album Cut: "Ordinary Fool"

This week:

Album: ‘A Song For You’

Single: ‘All You Get From Love Is A Love Song’

Album Cut: ‘Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night’

This is exactly my answer.

Ed

Interesting the most Favorite single so far seems to be “All You Get From Love Is A Love Song”.

The highest charting singles are not always our favorite singles!
I know the Carpenter's radio decline was well underway in the USA by 1977. We heard a really strong vocal, a great production. AYGFLIALS had the word "hit" written all over it, regardless of how high it charted. :)

Last edited:
I know the Carpenter's radio decline was well underway in the USA by 1977. We heard a really strong vocal, a great production. AYGFLIALS had the word "hit" written all over it, regardless of how high it charted. :)

I love it because it had serious groove. Tom Scott kills the sax solo too.

Ed

Well AYGFLIALS was a Top 5 AC hit.

^^Interesting !
I love that single, however, I purposely constrained my selection:
AYGFLIALS includes outside background singers (Julia, Carlina, Maxine)
thus, I intentionally omitted it from my choice of singles (sticking w/K&R backgrounds only).
Also, in making my selection, my favorite single really ties with Only Yesterday--
but, it has been written (by RC) about OY that it is his most "manufactured, manipulative" composition.
thus, I stuck with We've Only Just Begun--I consider it his truest superb "discovery."
Also: I omitted consideration of Christmas songs/albums. I omitted anything post studio-1981.

Otherwise, I would be unable to come to any definitive conclusion upon anything !

Back
Top Bottom