TV Soundtrack CD (JPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carpenters fans in Japan have recently talked about TV drama "Beginner". They say that they heard Carpenters' "There's A Kind Of Hush" at the preliminary announcement of the TV drama. The drama will start on 6th of next month.

I hope that both "A Kind Of Hush" and "Top Of The World" will apear on the soundtrack.

When I heard that "A Kind Of Hush" might be a theme song for the TV drama, I thought that "Carpenters Perform Carpenter"(will be released this October in Japan) would not have the song as 350hunny thought. But I am happy to know that the soundtrack CD will be released.
"Carpenters Perform Carpenter"(JPN)
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1945698

They say that "I Need To Be In Love" and "Top Of The World" were heard in the Japanese TV drama 'Miseinen'. "The Carpenters Twenty-twe Hits Of The Carpenters" was released around 'Miseinen'. The CD was sold over 3 million. I heard that Universal Music Japan released " 2 DISC SET CD + DVD Twenty-twe Hits Of The Carpenters - Gold CD" as a 3 million breakthrough commemoration(?). And Richard gave a Christimas present, his TV appearance, to us Japanese fans several years ago.

"The Rainbow Connection" and "Leave Yesterday Behind" were heard in a TV drama 'Koiga sitai Koiga sitai Koiga sitai' in 2001. A person in Universal Music Japan said that they should have done more promotion for "The Rainbow Connection".
I hope they will promote Carpenters more. I hope the promotion will bring in new younger Carpenters fans in Japan.

And I am glad that NHK BS2 will broadcast "Top Of The World" next Sunday in Japan.

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom