UHQR

Song4uman

Saw a post about a Miles Davis album release on this vinyl. Anyone have knowledge about what makes this great?

Definitive handmade limited run reissue Ultra High Quality Record!
Jonathan

Those are Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs records. There can be differences with half-speed mastering as well as the weight of the vinyl. MFSL vinyl is generally an excellent investment and I have a fair amount of them myself.

Ed

Saw a post about a Miles Davis album release on this vinyl. Anyone have knowledge about what makes this great?

Definitive handmade limited run reissue Ultra High Quality Record!
Jonathan
This is from the Acoustic Sounds website (Miles Davis-Kind Of Blue-UHQR Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds):
The UHQR offers the blackest, quietest backgrounds and unparalleled transparency, but more critically, the modified Finebuilt hand press produces unprecedented transient precision and instrumental focus and resolves low level details that will deliver surprises to even the most blasé KOB veteran, one of whom visited and exclaimed 'I've never heard that before.'
According to the website, the vinyl is pressed using Clarity Vinyl and mastered using 3-track master tapes by Bernie Grundman. This release should be quite a treat for the ears.

Back
Top Bottom