UK A&M ARTISTS CONCERTS .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ

Good news for UK Fans , there a number of current and past A&M Artists planning UK / London concerts this month.

Bryan Adams headlines an open -air concert in Hyde Park (20/7) , followed by Supertramp (21/7) at same venue.Paul Carrack , late of Squeeze (back in UK top 20 Albums chart recently) supports Supertramp.

Just announced Bacharach concert at the Apollo (27/7) , hopefully I can obtain tickets -this will be my fifth Bach concert and at reasonable prices £25 / £30 ($38 / $46) compared to recent USA Promoters prices...... :)

Would love Alpert to follow up with some London concerts ....last saw Herb in 1997 and he was excellent....perhaps 2003 is more likely and of course long overdue Richard Carpenter UK concerts , first promised in 1985 !!! :D :D

Bryan Adams Hyde Park Concert was a blast with terrific atmosphere despite a cold , damp , overcast evening.
Bryan played all the hits , some favourites and some new material from recent Soundtrack , including "Here I Am " current chart single......and unexpectedly a cover of recent #1 Elvis's "A Little Less Conversation" .Byran even swore at the Stewards and Security for manhandling some of the Fans nearest the stage......

All in All excellent performance and musicanship...... :)

Supertramp's Sunday performance was strange , while they played well from the start , the group decided not to have cameras for the two large screens which made it harder to see all the musicians on stage , later on occasional old Film and videos were screened after sunset set in .....

The largest cheers were for "Breakfast in America" songs and material from the original group 1969-1983 , Supertramp did not play "Dreamer" or "Its Raining Again" -two favs as these featured Ex-member Hodgson originally !

Interesting ....perhaps Supertramp are best appreciated in an indoor concert venue.

Must check out some of the Supertramp CD Catalog recent re-issues with classic tracks remastered etc..... :)

Looking forward to Bacharach concert 27/7 .....always fascinating to see and listen to those Classic somgs and arrangements plus more recent material.... :) :)

PJ: odd about the Supertramp concert! I still don't see the band without Hodgson...I'm not a fan of his singing style, but it's just not Supertramp without him either! And if you think about it, what have Supertramp and Hodgson done since the split? Not much. Sort of how Peter Wolf and the J. Geils Band sunk into obscurity after they split up.

With so many other bands making amends and getting back together, you'd think this would happen with Supertramp. (Or...has something happened to Hodgson in the meantime?)

The "dinosaur rock bands" that are touring the States right now are not something I'd care to see. For example, while I'm a big Styx fan, the remaining founding members (Chuck Panozzo and Dennis DeYoung) aren't even touring with the band. DeYoung's song "Lady" put them on the map, and I don't see anyone else doing it but him. I do like James Young and Tommy Shaw, but to me, it reeks of "Creedence Clearwater Revisited" (which, if I recall, is CCR without Fogerty). If an original member wasn't in a lead role, it's not as noticeable...but to have one of the original voices missing just takes away part of the experience for me. I'd even be dubious about seeing Chicago w/o Peter Cetera. Or AC/DC without Bon Scott (which, of course, is now impossible).

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom