Unique Carpenters CD

adamj95

I'm looking at purchasing a Carpenters CD but I've never seen this one before anywhere. Any idea the year this one came out? Or any info on if this CD is legit? I can't seem to find it anywhere on google.

If you're looking at it as a curiosity in your collection...

I've not seen this particular one, but the far east is loaded with Carpenters CDs, some are authorized, some are not. I'd consider this one a "Buyer Beware" item.

It looks like made in Taiwan? I have a couple of odd South East Asian CDs. They have misspelled titles, and some songs have weird edits, and endings. Definitely a novelty item for a collection like Harry said.

After doing some research, it appears this disc is a collection of chimy, instrumental songs in the style of a music box. This link on Apple Music looks to be a reissue with the same selections (sans "Solitaire") in a different order:

After doing some research, it appears this disc is a collection of chimy, instrumental songs in the style of a music box. This link on Apple Music looks to be a reissue with the same selections (sans "Solitaire") in a different order:

So this is just instrumental music, not the actual songs? Hm.

the chinese words written on the cover are lovely:
"the most memorable ever brother and sister singing duo "carpenters",
"younger sister karen's sweet and beautiful voice accompanied don't know how many people's youthful years,
"all the sweetness and bitterness of love captured in these songs
"this volume contains remakes from instrumental melodies, to let you relieve the emotions of the past."

Back
Top Bottom