• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

[url]www.roadode.com[/url] RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanKing

New Member
Here I am, Joan. I'm not lurking under any other name. I've just been too busy to register, what with all that rising on the shore and walking among the waves of velveteen I have to do. :D

I've also been posting over at Dan's site, the "Karen Carpenter Remembrance Page"; I thought that might be a good place for everyone to regroup (check it out sometime), but I see everyone is gathering here instead. When did A&M Corner finally open its Carpenters page? The wait for it was longer than the wait for As Time Goes By. :twisted: At least they found themselves a good moderator. :)

Like all of you, I was very sorry to see Roadode disappear. I hope that at some point, Ran is able to revive it with foolproof security against bandwidth bandits. But if that doesn't happen, thank you, Ran, for your years of hard work and for all the fun you gave us. :thumbsup: We'll miss it.

It's really great to see all of you again, especially the blasts from the past like Dan and Steve. I gave Steve directions to get here, so you can all thank me (blame me?) for this reunion.

OK, Harry, now that we're all here, are you gonna send out for some pizzas and beer for us?
 

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Moderator
Rudy and I are still working behind the scenes to get the Carpenters Discography up and running. If we'd made it static like all other discographies on the web, it would have been done years ago, but the development (mostly Rudy's work) of the dynamic discography database will be worth the effort.

With the deletion of Ran's site, I helped push Rudy toward getting this thing up and running finally. Hopefully, soon. However, I CAN tell you that you'll need to understand Japanese, since we're opening the site there first! :twisted:

As for this forum, it's been open since April 21st of this year. The actual site -- always open for Carpenters discussion, even when there was only one board -- has been here for years. I found it in July of 1997, and they've yet to figure a way of getting rid of me! It's like my second home. :)

I'm glad you contacted those that you could. Oh, and please take your shoes off -- you're getting velveteen all over the new carpets!

Harry
...welcoming another, online...
 

Rudy

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Staff member
Site Admin
Harry said:
Rudy and I are still working behind the scenes to get the Carpenters Discography up and running. If we'd made it static like all other discographies on the web, it would have been done years ago, but the development (mostly Rudy's work) of the dynamic discography database will be worth the effort.
And so far, two days behind on my work due to a two-day power outage. :confused:

Harry said:
With the deletion of Ran's site, I helped push Rudy toward getting this thing up and running finally. Hopefully, soon. However, I CAN tell you that you'll need to understand Japanese, since we're opening the site there first! :twisted:
Hmmm...maybe we should just release it in Japan, then. Maybe we can get a copy imported to the States. :wink:

Harry said:
As for this forum, it's been open since April 21st of this year. The actual site -- always open for Carpenters discussion, even when there was only one board -- has been here for years. I found it in July of 1997, and they've yet to figure a way of getting rid of me! It's like my second home. :)
So those "warm fuzzies" aren't just velveteen...? :wink: I'd contemplated opening a separate Carpenters board a few years ago, but I think Harry agreed that with other boards and mailing lists, it would have been redundant. When I switched to new forum software, it was easy enough to set up a separate Carpenters board. Plus, with our in-the-works Carpenters Discography project, we thought that it might be good to keep Carpenters discussions separate from the "general" discussions. Good foresight--it turns out everyone is finding us now, and we can finally give it a good workout!

Harry said:
I'm glad you contacted those that you could. Oh, and please take your shoes off -- you're getting velveteen all over the new carpets!
On second, thought, leave the shoes on...that might explain the "Road Odor". Errr, ummm.... :oops:

-= N =-
 

PJ

Member
Noticed today , new message on Road.ode site , there are plans for another site -mainly Forums based -later in 2002.

Drop the extras and keep the site boardband free from downloads and this time the hackers will be denied. :) :)
 

Rudy

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Staff member
Site Admin
PJ said:
Noticed today , new message on Road.ode site , there are plans for another site -mainly Forums based -later in 2002.
And from what I'd read, it's not really clear what the site's going to be about. :confused: Other than curiosity, it'll be difficult to rebuild traffic once a site loses focus.

-= N =-
...been there, done that, got the t-shirt...
 

LeadSister

New Member
well... i will say that i'll miss all the downloads. But thankful he was able to share them!

Pamela
http://forum.leadsister.com
 

Timothy22

Member
Hi Harry - just wanted to say I hope Anneoloes finds her way to this site - I really liked reading her comments on all the topics - I think you said you e-mailed her but she's away for the summer. I know she'll miss ran's site but this place is beginning to feel like home. Tim.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom