[url]www.tijuanabrass.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio

Except for the collection albums I've got all the Herb Alpert albums incl. Definitive Hits.
I think www.tijuanabrass.com is a great website. However I wonder why Herb's latest and last album "Colors" is not added at the album-list. It was released 1999 and I can't imagine they didn't notice. In 2001 also "Definitive Hits" was released. I just wonder for what reason both albums fail on the list.
If anyone knows the answer please let me know.

Hi Antonio,

Welcome to the Corner. Sorry I didn't get around to answering your post sooner, but my life has been a bit hectic in the past few days!

In case you aren't aware, http://www.tijuanabrass.com , as well as this forum are all parts of A&M Corner. A year or so ago, our leader, Rudy (Neil), acquired the domain name of tijuanabrass.com as well as brasil66.com and juliuswechter.com -- natural places to put the discographies contained on the A&M Corner site. Most of the actual text and information for the tijuanabrass.com site/discography was written years ago following the release of PASSION DANCE. One of the hassles of maintaining the site the way it exists now is to constantly update it via adding the information in HTML form. It's cumbersome, though do-able with time, diligence and patience.

With Neil's other responsibilities, both on the web and off, I know for a fact that this process of updating these older pages is a bit of a chore, and one of the neat ideas he's come up with to combat that is to make the site's discographies database driven. That way, whenever a new album or compilation shows up in the marketplace, a simple addition to the database will put it on the website. Neil & I have been working behind the scenes in the development of this system, and when it's ready, we'll have our long-awaited Carpenters discography on the web -- interactive, searchable, and hopefully easy to maintain and user-friendly.

Once that job's done, and all of the imput mechanisms are in place, it'll be fairly easy for us to make new discographies for the other A&M artists, including Herb Alpert -- so it can finally be updated!

And Shh-h-h-h! Don't tell anybody, but part of the reason that neither COLORS nor DEFINITIVE HITS are resident in the discography is that Neil doesn't like 'em! :D

I have to note that to me, "Antonio" doesn't sound like a typical name from the Netherlands. Are you a native from the Netherlands, or are you from another place and currently residing in The Netherlands?

Harry
...welcoming Antonio, online...

I don't think anyone really cared for Colours or Definitive Hits! :wink:

But yes, I've just been too swamped with paying jobs and a lot of other things coming down on the home front, and haven't had much time to take care of these little overlooked chores. For the discogs, though, I really didn't want to maintain the "old" versions if something new was on the horizon (which it still is--Harry and I have been going back and forth working on the Carpenters project for months now, whenever we can steal some spare time). Wherever I can, I'm rewriting portions of the site behind the scenes to make it a lot easier to maintain.

Credit for bajamarimba.com and juliuswechter.com, though, goes to our good buddy Steve Sidoruk! We wanted to do something special for the Wechter family, so Steve grabbed the names and I've been slowly getting more material on the Julius site as time allows. Steve has sent me quite a few things that still need to go in the various galleries, too. Not to mention that, but I have three different Yellowjackets fans send me photos to put on their gallery. Gads...

I now know how those salmon feel, fighting their way upstream. :confused:

-= N =-
...needing a vacation...

Hi Harry and Rudy (Neal),

Thanks for your information. I now know that the reason why "Colors" and "Definitive Hits" fail on the website is that it's cumbersome to update the website via HTML.
My question was not to blame you; I just wondered. I think the website is just great and I think it took a lot of work and time to make it!

Rudy, while I'm writing this I'm listening to "Colors". I agree it's not Herb's best album, but technically it's okay, and if you listen more to this album (I now hear "Think about it") you will find yourself going to love it!

Harry, my forename by which I'm known is "Ruud" (it's the same as "Rudy"), but my three given names are Rudolphus Hendricus Antonius. When I started to write poetry I took my first and third name as stage name: "Rudolfo Antonio", or just "Antonio", which name I used again when I started a band in 1998: "The Antonio Brass". It will not surprise you that I'm very much inspired by Herb Alpert, though our sound is not quite the same. The Tijuana-music of Herb Alpert sounds happy and joyful, but also sometimes melancholy. I tried to combine those qualities in a song that I wrote, called "Going Places", as a tribute to Herb Alpert.
So you're right: Antonio doesn't sound like a Dutch name. I am a native from the Netherlands and my real name is Ruud Stuurman.

Thank you, both of you, for replying my question and thanks for all your great work!

Warm wishes,

Antonio (...eh, Ruud!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom