Us Loyal Die-Hard Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigGA

As for me, there has been no other group to capture my soul as the Carpenters. There have been two groups that almost make it there: the Manhattan Transfer and 10,000 Maniacs, but not to the level of total immersion of the Carpenters.

I know that some like the Corrs. Are there any other favorites among our fan base? And, if so, is there a factor to compare?

Craig

Well my avitar tells it all.

I grew up with both of these female singers & for me money is no object to what I will collect of their music. I consider myself a true diehard fan.

I have often debated about which really affects me the most. The Carpenters Music is so special that I could never live without it. It's hard to put into words.

Olivia's music has an equally special place & I have drawn more closer to her music in the past few years than ever before (meeting her in person may have contributed to that).

The factor is both have the same type style of music. Some would classify it as easy listening. That's ok with me, I'm not into heavy rock groups and todays solo artists all sound the same, except The Corrs which I really like too.

Roy Orbinson's voice gives me chills...it's terribly aching it makes you want to dwell in the sorrow and stay there. What a great loss.

A somewhat eclectic mix over the years: Maynard Ferguson, Babs Streisand, Chuck Mangione, Herbert Von Karajan/Berlin Philharmonic, Al Jarreau, Linda Ronstadt, Brenda Carlisle, Bangles, Alanis Morrisette, among others. Even TMT after hearing "A Nightingale Sang In Barkley Square", as well as ONJ back in the 80's. But they were all more or less phases for me rather than longterm fanship. Not anything like my own Cimmersion.

Maybe there is a common factor somewhere in there. :)

---

:happybirthday: (The C's 34th today)

Claus Ogerman. The albums Gate of Dreams and Cityscape are the two I've held onto no matter what through the years. They should've been on A&M, but given that Tommy LiPuma was at Warners in those years, that's where these wound up. Wasn't Tommy at Horizon later on?

---Michael Hagerty

Michael Hagerty said:
... but given that Tommy LiPuma was at Warners in those years, that's where these wound up. Wasn't Tommy at Horizon later on?

Tommy produced some early A&M albums (right on a Chris Montez CD next to me), but I think he was the main figure behind Horizon's second era...I have a sampler of the later Horizon label where LiPuma figured prominently.

Back to the topic at hand: way too many favorites to list here...from every part of the musical spectrum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom