Veronique CD on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
For what it's worth, there's a CD copy of the Veronique album on eBay this week. The seller knows of its rarity and is starting the bids at $69.99. There's also a buy-it-now for $95.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2563221395&category=43632

Curiously enough, I was listening to this CD on the way home today. I still think it's a great album.

For those unaware, this is the 1989 album by the French-Canadian songstress that was produced by Ricahrd Carpenter. He also sings backup and plays keyboards on many tracks, and composed one song, "All Those Years Ago." According to our resident Canadian expert on Veronique (Murray), there were very few copies of this album ever pressed in all forms, CD, cassette, and LP.

Harry
...still stuck on Veronique, online...

There were only 10,000 copies of the Veronique album produced. This is the total of all three formats, and includes Columbia Record Club copies. The majority of these were likely cassettes, as it was the dominant format in 1989 (the majority of people still didn't own CD players). LPs are extremely rare. I've only ever seen one copy on vinyl, but unfortunately I didn't buy it. I remember that the record store I was in had the Carpenters Lovelines on LP, and the Veronique LP. I was short on cash that day and only had enough to buy one album, so of course the Carpenters title won out. When I was next downtown a week later, the Veronique LP was gone, but I did buy the CD and cassette versions.

I remember when Columbia House deleted the album, they were selling the CDs for only $3.99 each. If I had only known that it would be worth big bucks someday, I would have bought a few!

Murray

Hey, I never considered that about the LP. I found it on eBay packaged with her other A&M, Borderline for a rather reasonable price. But now that you mention it, by 1989, LPs were pretty much gone as a main format.

Differences in packaging between the CD and LP:

- Front cover: at the very top of the LP cover, the word V E R O N I Q U E is spelled out in spaced out pink letters. I suppose this was to aid in identifying the album in heavily packed record racks where you couldn't see the full cover while browsing.

- Back cover: contains all of the inside-the-booklet credits and verbiage in the two 'pink' areas. I guess since all of that space was available on the larger LP format, why not use it? As a result, the few pictures from inside the CD booklet are not found on the LP.

Harry
...glad I found that one, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom