WARNING: New Bacharach CD is COPY PROTECTED (early copies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, no copy protection on the TJB CDs.

Amazon had a list of the XCP titles on their site, and Sony/BMG has a list on theirs as well.

I thought Sony/BMG gave up on the idea of this malware program. I thought I read in late October '05 that they discontinued these cd's with protection. If they are throwing these cd's out in the public I will follow behind Rudy's footsteps of staying away from these troublesome cd's. :thumbsdn:

The copy-protected CDs have been recalled but some may still be in stores. Check the left side front of the jewel box (the area where the tray inlay sticks out alongside the front cover) and look for a "copy protected" logo there. No logo = no problem. If you buy one of those titles online, make sure you can return product if it's not to your liking.

2 weeks ago I read Japanese release(Release Date: Feb. 22nd, Catalog No.: BVCM-31186) will include Japan-only bonus track on music magazine site. Several net CD shops, such as HMV or cdJapan, also mention the bonus track but I don't know what song will be bonus track.

Sakura

You know what? I am still amazed at all your frustations with the copy protection. Even more, the fact that you would boycott a great album like the Bacharach album because you can't burn your precious cd's. Even though Sony went about this the wrong way it is a great idea and I, for one am in complete support. I put my Copy of Burts new album on to a Mini Disc and have played it in my car ever since It is amazing how you all talk when I know that Techie people like you are griping because in reality you are part of the reason this is a problem. Do what you are supposed to with your CD's , pay the money you are supposed to, don't burn them for your friends and family and help the Music Industry get healthy again. I am sick of people thinking they should get something for nothing, especially when entertainment is something everybody needs and is willing to pay for. Open up your wallets and pay our artists what they are worth and quit your dang complaining. I loaded Burt's cd on my computer at work to see what all the fuss was about and low and behold nothing happened to my computer. It still works fine. Who cares if you can't play it on windows media player. People who listen to music on your computer and through an I-pod are missing the whole point of what music is about. It's not about tuning the rest of the world out while your in your own little world. Music is to be shared and experienced much better in a social environment, where we learn what others like and try to understand why music is such a powerful, even spiritual force. I'm sorry I don't have any pity for you in you little "i'm mad because my CD is copy protected" world. Get a life and support artists by not trying to cutthroat what they do for a living like everybody else. Take a look at your own job and think about how you would like something simaler to happen to you in your employement. If your in business, look at Wal-mart and what they have done to the Music & DVD business and you will quickly get the picture.

Fozzie, you are clearly missing our entire point. If you would go and read this forum, you would realize that we are NOT about burning copies of CDs. In fact we routinely shut down topics that encourage or aid such practice.

Nobody is against copy protection. What we are against is Sony's software which installs itself on a computer without permission and can make it vulnerable to hackers, spies, or whatever. (Clearly, the world at large agrees with us on this topic, as Sony has pulled this "malware" from the market.)

What's more, the vast bulk of our regulars here (including myself) make copies of CDs only for our own use. If we copy something for someone else, it's most likely done because the item in question isn't available any more.

How dare you throw a "criminal" blanket over everyone that copies a CD? I happen to like to make "compilations" for myself and have made dozens of them. Hence, I hardly ever listen to my original CDs in my vehicle. They stay safe at home. I have the right to make a copy of a CD I have purchased for my own use. My music library contains maybe five or six CDs (out of about 1500) that are copies, and without exception they are disks I couldn't have purchased if I wanted to. In cases where an album I've "bootlegged" becomes available on a legit CD, I buy the legit CD. Not because I feel guilty, necessarily, but because I want the best sound I can get and I like to have the packaging.

So before you go throwing accusations on everyone here, try reading a little and pull your head out of the sand.

By the way: In case you're wondering about my qualifications to comment on this, I'm in the music business by day, and I own a movie theatre, so I am well aware of what Wal-Mart and its ilk have done (and are doing) to both industries.

I think Fozzie is a Sony Music shill... He certainly thinks like a music industry winer, er, I mean whiner...

--Mr Bill

Mike Blakesley said:
Fozzie, you are clearly missing our entire point. If you would go and read this forum, you would realize that we are NOT about burning copies of CDs. In fact we routinely shut down topics that encourage or aid such practice.

What Mike said--Fozzie has obviously not read previous posts in this thread, but instead has chosen to "troll" and flame other forum members.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom