🎵 AotW West End Girls (A&M CD 5366)

LPJim

Staff member
1I Want You Back
Guitar – Scotty HallWritten-By – The Corporation (2)
3:20
2Testing 1-2-30:09
3Not Like Kissing You
Written-By – John Dexter, Tina B
4:56
4A Million Shades Of Love
3:36
5Show Me The Way
Programmed By – Dave PickellWritten-By – Dave Pickell, John Dexter
4:49
6Space Slam0:18
7Dreaming
Written-By – C. Stein*, D. Harry*
2:56
8She Doesn't Live Here No More
Guitar – Scotty HallWritten-By – John Dexter, Tina B
3:44
9Loony Toonz0:07
10Beat Of Life
3:31
11Say You'll Be Mine
Programmed By – Dave PickellWritten-By – Dave Pickell, John Dexter
4:24
12Fascination
3:38

Released 1991
JB

I have their other album on download. West End Girls Go Pet Shopping. All PSB covers. They’re fun, but I don’t take them to serious as artists. Not on A&M though. Only 2 members instead of 3 on this album. From Sweden.

Last edited:
I have their other album on download. West End Girls Go Pet Shopping. All PSB covers. They’re fun, but I don’t take them to serious as artists. Not on A&M though. Only 2 members instead of 3 on this album. From Sweden.
The "West End Girls" who recorded for A&M, were a Canadian group, from Vancouver B.C. I have this album on CD. Recorded at Little Mountain Sound Ltd. in Vancouver. The producer, John Dexter, also produced Veronique Beliveau's first album in English, "Borderline", and wrote the song "I Want To Get Close To You", from her "Veronique" album, produced by Richard Carpenter.

This group made only one other album before breaking up, also on A&M: "We Belong Together", released in 1993.

West End Girls

Last edited:
Singer Camille Henderson worked with Sarah McLachlan after her stint with West End Girls. She's continued recording solo and teaching. Her father is Bill Henderson, veteran of the A&M group Chilliwack. There are several photos and a discography on her website:

JB

So there’s two groups with the same name then. The other recorded for Columbia Records. Not that either group was that successful. The Swedish one formed about 10 years later, mainly a tribute band. Interesting that they got away with using the same name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom