We've Only Just Begun-45 Single

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Sorry you all but when I hear anything different at all my ears hear it.

I also bought this single today, it says stereo #8549-S and has the flip side of For All We Know. Has a white label with the word memories across it. The opening is a horn (instead of piano) & the horn is all by itself (piano is very very faint in background) which sounds different to me. Also there is more separation between Karen's lead & the backing overdubbing, more than usual.

The CD Version has the piano intro but not on this 45.

Can anyone confirm this.

Sounds like a tinkering from ol' Richard there, as the original 45 (#1217, c/w "All Of My Life") -- at least my copy of it -- does have the piano and woodwind opening -- just as on the Close To You LP, SP-4271, and apparently the CD.

Besides, when the reissue first came out, such a series was called "Forget Me Nots" with a set of glasses (the A&M logo on the left-side lens, the "* forget me nots" on the right-side, with the color of each lens almost periwinkle bluish) on the top of the label, and had a shiny ochre background. Apparently you have a copy pressed sometime in the mid-to-late-'80's.

I'm actually beginning to suspect that something's not right with Chris' stereo hookup. Reasons: On both this post and the "I Kept On Loving You" thread he mentions that something starts out rather faint (guitar on "I Kept.." and piano on "We've Only..). And I checked both of these and hear no difference between the single and the album mixes (other than the segue from "Mr. Guder" to "I Kept.."). Both of the instruments mentioned appear in the left channel of the mix -- very strongly, so if a stereo hookup weren't quite right, and the left channel was weakened or missing, then one might hear what Chris is describing.

Harry
...with a theory, online...

Very good point, Harry. The sounds we hear can be directly related to the system we listen through.

Craig

Well my turntable is still hooked up to my pc using my pre-amp & hearing it from my pc speakers so maybe that is why im' hearing those different sounds from those 2 singles mentioned earlier.

After I finish burning my 45's , I'll re-hook my turntable back up to my home stereo system & replay these 2 singles to see if I still hear what I am hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom