What A Wonderful World

martin

Herb is out with a new single, which I suppose is the first song from the upcoming "Music Vol.2". It starts out with a spoken message from Herb, then a sample of Louis Armstrong:"Love..." Herb plays on an imaginatively programmed track, with some surprising shifts and the song is very nicely played.

- greetings from the cold north -
Martin

According to Randy, this is just a single and the video will be out in a couple days. They are deciding whether any albums will be released this year.

Let's hope that Pat Metheny doesn't beat up on Herb for this version of "Wonderful World"! (Complete with a sample of Louis Armstrong's voice!) Remember how Pat lambasted a certain G-man when he did his version of this classic tune?

Well, anyway I like it! Really great remake of an already beautiful and classic tune!

Regards,
jazzdre

Like I said, I really like the track, and oh yeah; by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY,HERB!!! Hard 2 believe that u are 83 Years OLD!

Now, if only Herb would cover the late Sam Cooke hit of the same title, which Herb himself co-wrote. I've often wondered why he never chose to record that song... or this one, for that matter. Considering he knew Louis Armstrong, this one's a welcome addition to the collection, even if long overdue!

Now, if only Herb would cover the late Sam Cooke hit of the same title, which Herb himself co-wrote. I've often wondered why he never chose to record that song... or this one, for that matter. Considering he knew Louis Armstrong, this one's a welcome addition to the collection, even if long overdue!

Herb guested on "Wonderful World" (Don't Know Much About History...) by the ODE group NATIVE - it was quite nice, but I have no explanation as to why he didn't record it himself.

Aside from releasing a new record, what’s left? Wild Romance (which could seriously use a remaster)? Under a Spanish Moon? My Abstract Heart? I figure the JYAM original solo album will never see the light of day. Did the original Herb/Hugh get remastered? I cannot recall. Live the Main Event Live album tremendously.

If only on digital, would love to get Sueno Precolombino, Noche de Amor, Chasing Shadows, remastered...

Meanwhile, I will listen to the recording/release of Wonderful World.

Back
Top Bottom