What is this song?

NorbertBeaver

I was watching this Youtube video about a Nintendo game when this Herb Alpert like song shows up in the background. You can hear it pretty clearly if you scroll the video up to 2:30. Here's the link...

I'm pretty sure this has to be Herb, but my Shazam app couldn't recognize it, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere online so far. Any ideas?

The music is all original in the Smash Brothers Ultimate game. But that doesn't mean someone wouldn't copy Herb's style for the background music. :wink:

That is the practice stage--I can check out the music track later on this evening, provided I have the track unlocked for that stage. (I have all the characters unlocked, but I know there are more music tracks I need to unlock.)

I don't have audio at the moment to listen to the video, but, is the music from the game, or does someone have it playing in the background? (Some YouTubers hold a phone in front of a TV to capture video. But this doesn't look to be the case here.)

The music is all original in the Smash Brothers Ultimate game. But that doesn't mean someone wouldn't copy Herb's style for the background music. :wink:

That is the practice stage--I can check out the music track later on this evening, provided I have the track unlocked for that stage. (I have all the characters unlocked, but I know there are more music tracks I need to unlock.)

I don't have audio at the moment to listen to the video, but, is the music from the game, or does someone have it playing in the background? (Some YouTubers hold a phone in front of a TV to capture video. But this doesn't look to be the case here.)
I haven't heard that music in the game before, but I suppose it's possible. I thought it was a separate track added in by the video creator. Please me know what you think when you finally have a chance to listen to it. Thank you for the reply so far!

I forgot--the practice stage doesn't have music to it. :D

I listened over the laptop--it's not a Herb song but it's a heck of a good imitation of one! I found no matches with SoundHound either.

I forgot--the practice stage doesn't have music to it. :D

I listened over the laptop--it's not a Herb song but it's a heck of a good imitation of one! I found no matches with SoundHound either.
Aw, man!! Haha Well, thanks for trying then. Maybe it is just a really well done imitation! That's why I like it! I still hope I can find out what it is someday. Thank you very much for looking into that for me!

We had some lame band arrangement in middle school that had a few sections which we were supposed to play in the "style" of three or four different bands. It was a medley of holiday tunes, and I remember the "Tijuana Brass" section was set to half a verse of "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" which, not surprisingly, sounded not even remotely TJB-ish when we played it. :D (Besides, back then, that was considered "old fogie music" and most of the fellow band students couldn't be arsed to even bother trying to sound like the TJB. :laugh: )

We had some lame band arrangement in middle school that had a few sections which we were supposed to play in the "style" of three or four different bands. It was a medley of holiday tunes, and I remember the "Tijuana Brass" section was set to half a verse of "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" which, not surprisingly, sounded not even remotely TJB-ish when we played it. :D (Besides, back then, that was considered "old fogie music" and most of the fellow band students couldn't be arsed to even bother trying to sound like the TJB. :laugh: )
In my school days in our band class we were given Tijuana taxi to play and at that time ( 1978) most of the class HATED Herb and everything associated with him they thought he was old Fogie music ( which was totally untrue) and we sounded awful as a result because I was the only one who liked it and wanted to do my best and I was bullied continually for it so I can understand your situation

Back
Top Bottom