What is your favorite tune from each respective Herb album? JUST ONE!

For me, each album has several songs I like almost equally well. I'm only going to list albums that include the Tijuana Brass, since I know those extremely well and remain my favorites from the Herb Alpert catalog. Often, my favorites are not the title track, but rather some of the inside tracks. Herb was known for making strong albums without "filler", so I could easily change all the songs on this list:
Lonely Bull - Let It Be Me
Volume 2 - Winds of Barcelona
South of the Border - Up Cherry Street
Whipped Cream - Bittersweet Samba/Tangerine
What Now My Love - Memories of Madrid/So What's New
Going Places - Mae
SRO - Flamingo
Sounds Like - Wade in the Water
Ninth - Abanda
Beat of the Brass - Slick
Christmas Album - Winter Wonderland
Warm - Marjorine
Brass Are Comin' - The Maltese Melody
Summertime - Hurt So Bad
You Smile/The Song Begins - Fox Hunt
Coney Island - Vento Bravo

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I never added my favorite track from MUSIC Volume 1 to the list. So here goes:

43. You Stepped Out Of A Dream

I missed this one...
The Herb 12 inch ones were always on my want lists I only had a couple of them Rise and Bullish and they were used in decent shape ...
I have the black vinyl "Rise" (never saw a clear version locally, until I saw them in used record stores), and there were actually two 12" singles for "Bullish." The promo 12" I own (SP-12110) has the Monster Funk Mix on one side, and the Rubba Dub Dub Mix on the other. The other promo 12" (SP-12104) has a Specially Remixed Version b/w the Single Version.

I missed this one...

I have the black vinyl "Rise" (never saw a clear version locally, until I saw them in used record stores), and there were actually two 12" singles for "Bullish." The promo 12" I own (SP-12110) has the Monster Funk Mix on one side, and the Rubba Dub Dub Mix on the other. The other promo 12" (SP-12104) has a Specially Remixed Version b/w the Single Version.
I had the specially remixed Bullish with the single version and the clear Rise 12 inches fortunately I committed the Bullish to tape and later transferred it to CDR

I had the specially remixed Bullish with the single version and the clear Rise 12 inches

At one point we had some sort of 12" single list here or on the TJB site. I am only missing a few that I know of.

I do have the clear "Rotation" remix (I never saw that locally--I would have bought it on the spot!). The coolest is probably the three 12" single pack from the Keep Your Eye On Me album, on transparent clear, red and blue vinyl. Back when I bought it, the store had four or five other copies of it.

IMG_20160408_011315-01.jpeg
IMG_20160408_011158-01.jpeg

At one point we had some sort of 12" single list here or on the TJB site. I am only missing a few that I know of.

I do have the clear "Rotation" remix (I never saw that locally--I would have bought it on the spot!). The coolest is probably the three 12" single pack from the Keep Your Eye On Me album, on transparent clear, red and blue vinyl. Back when I bought it, the store had four or five other copies of it.

IMG_20160408_011315-01.jpeg
IMG_20160408_011158-01.jpeg
I've seen these all over the Web however I was unaware of them before 2012 but I knew the 7 inch singles existed but I was more focused on the full albums back then had I known there were other versions available to me I would have snatched them up equally however I didn't have a complete Herb discography at that time and several other incomplete collections as well it took such a long time to get everything I have and being on a limited budget I had to be very selective and still do but not quite so painful now

Back
Top Bottom