What would your "50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition Remastered Box Set" include?

I'm a big fan of box sets these days. Though, the record companies and/or the artist do not always get it right. My Carpenters box set would start out with a remastered cd of each studio album with an accompanying cd of the studio outtakes and songs that were left off that album. Tell me colors, design, and packaging. Just pretend Richard and the record company are taking a poll and it will be released by this Christmas. I'm really curious to see what other fans dream box set would be like.

I wouldn’t trust Universal to do a decent LP box set, but maybe all the albums plus the solo albums remastered (or in the case of Passage remixed) on DVD in Linear PCM. Plus the 5.1 Singles 1969-1981 SACD mixes could be released in DTS 5.1.

And maybe include a DVD (or include a Blu-Ray) with the music videos shot on film remastered into 480p (1080p for Blu) and presented with 5.1 mixes.

That ship already sailed, and UMe sank it in Titanic fashion. :laugh: So yep, I hear ya on that one...
I didn’t even buy that box set! I’ve only bought the RPO and that sounded like a record I might buy second hand for $1 at a pawn shop!

Back
Top Bottom