Whats new to you??

Carpenters: Complete Singles (Highly recommended listening!)

I can now totally understand the charm and the (relative) simplicity of the original singles remixes VS the later remixes with added instrumentation and reverb.

That said, I like both. But to hear them in their more original sound is like traveling back, because I wasn't around to experience them the 1st time!

I recently got a Carpenters Souvenir magazine from eBay which I really enjoyed looking through. I’m always on the lookout for their tour books on eBay as I only have two of them. I’d love to get my hands on the 1975 tour book ! I’ve been listening to the Singles 1969-73 album recently and Carpenters Gold too

I haven't been listening as much to Carpenters over the last little bit. I've been catching up listening to the newest vinyl records I have purchased. I am waiting on a copy of Singles 69-73 that is "audiophile". Looking forward to listening to that. Purchased on Discogs and it has been shipped..

Jonathan

Also, I don't remember if I shared this or not. A choral director friend just retired and offered me a copy of the songbook Close to You. Here name was on the front from when she was in Jr. High.

Jonathan

I’m very late to the party here. I FINALLY purchased ‘The Complete Singles’ set a couple of months ago through the web site that now carries it. Much better price!

Needless to say, it was worth the wait. It’s fantastic. I’m totally addicted to disc one. I’ve had those songs on an endless loop in my car. 😀😀

I was curious if anyone has noticed that Karen’s lead vocal on ‘Rainy Days And Mondays’ is slightly distorted? It’s quite noticeable to my ears. The rest of the set sounds sensational, though.

JUST purchased "Philharmonic" on LP. I've had the Target CD since the day it came out and I've followed along with the tinkering on Apple Music and elsewhere. Once the vinyl arrives, it will land on my site... :wink:

Ed

I just purchased the Complete Singles from Amazon US. So exciting I’ve been after this set for a while

JUST purchased "Philharmonic" on LP. I've had the Target CD since the day it came out and I've followed along with the tinkering on Apple Music and elsewhere. Once the vinyl arrives, it will land on my site... :wink:

Ed
You’ll be very disappointed. Expect pawn shop/garage sale quality sound.

Where did you find your copy. I can only find it on amazing US

You can get The Complete Singles (3CD) on this website for $39.98.

Mine sound great.
Mine was full of pops and crackles. No major jumps, but the sound quality was really at that level that you would expect of a 2nd-hand record that you bought for between 25-cents and a dollar at a garage sale, pawn shop or charity shop.

Mine was full of pops and crackles. No major jumps, but the sound quality was really at that level that you would expect of a 2nd-hand record that you bought for between 25-cents and a dollar at a garage sale, pawn shop or charity shop.

It's Universal vinyl. I kinda know what I might find tomorrow night when it arrives...LOL! Still, the packaging should be fun and it's the only Carpenters' LP I don't have. It'll be fun just for that.

Ed

100% agree with Tom here, unfortunately the worst vinyl ever produced. I went through so many copies and all of it was junk. The RPO is such a fantastic project and took the music into another dimension of clarity and closeness of Karen's vocal. Thank goodness for the CD versions and digital downloads.

I was a bit surprised to hear Mike on the live broadcast say that the RPO vinyl was sensational (1 hr 13 min mark) I personally found it to be just the opposite. It's riddled with imperfections and I'm not the only one who experienced that, loads of others from comments left on Amazon and other places. I finally ended up with 4 vinyl copies and tried my best to extract the best tracks off those 4 into 1 encoded rip, it was not easy and took me forever. It's not perfect but I did the best I could with what Universal produced.

I hope Universal doesn't muck it up again with Richard Carpenter's Piano Solo on vinyl. Time will tell.

100% agree with Tom here, unfortunately the worst vinyl ever produced. I went through so many copies and all of it was junk. The RPO is such a fantastic project and took the music into another dimension of clarity and closeness of Karen's vocal. Thank goodness for the CD versions and digital downloads.

I was a bit surprised to hear Mike on the live broadcast say that the RPO vinyl was sensational (1 hr 13 min mark) I personally found it to be just the opposite. It's riddled with imperfections and I'm not the only one who experienced that, loads of others from comments left on Amazon and other places. I finally ended up with 4 vinyl copies and tried my best to extract the best tracks off those 4 into 1 encoded rip, it was not easy and took me forever. It's not perfect but I did the best I could with what Universal produced.

I hope Universal doesn't muck it up again with Richard Carpenter's Piano Solo on vinyl. Time will tell.

I expect them to. Richard's album will be a fully digital recording anyway (like RPO) so the CD or hi-res download (if such a thing can be had) will likely suffice for those who want it.

Ed

I kind of hate the “all-digital” piano only albums I’ve heard, since digital tends to add a harshness that makes the piano sound so commercial. Digital sucks the life out of the piano playing—-I’m trying to think of the right word—-institutional, although that really doesn’t fit, same with anti-septic & sterile don’t really do the sound justice but they’re the best. Whereas I’ve heard albums that were put onto vinyl, both from the 70’s & 80’s and modern albums that were digitally recorded and digitally mixed, but the analog vinyl curbs that harshness and I find adds back in the life that the original artist intended.

Back
Top Bottom