Where and when was this picture taken?

That photo was taken at The Hollywood Bowl by Sherry Raye Barnett on July 4th, 1974. Gilbert O'Sullivan was the opening act. : ) I met Sherry at the 'Little Girl Blue' signing party in Hollywood in 2010, and she brought those prints along with her. Karen looks stunning.

Trank you very much for the very detailed information. Karen does really looking stunning!
Do you have better and/or different photos or know where I could get them?

That photo was taken at The Hollywood Bowl by Sherry Raye Barnett on July 4th, 1974. Gilbert O'Sullivan was the opening act. : ) I met Sherry at the 'Little Girl Blue' signing party in Hollywood in 2010, and she brought those prints along with her. Karen looks stunning.

There you go! I at least knew it was around '74 :)

That Hollywood Bowl concert was on September 6th 1974, not the 4th of July. It was my 2nd Carpenters concert. A great show. All the A&M people were eating the Bowls famous chicken dinners, seated in the boxes towards the front. Jan Basham the A&M radio promotions person said she remembered that when I met her a couple of years later at a Pablo Cruise show here in my hometown. Karen wore the pink outfit in the photo above that night.

Back
Top Bottom