Where Can I Find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzy

I'm looking for the Sergio Mendes CD that contains the song "Waiting for Love". Which CD/Album is it? Where can I buy it?

The song "Waiting For Love" as performed by Sergio Mendes & Brasil '77 originally hails from the VINTAGE '74 album on Bell Records (Polydor Records in parts of the world), which unfortunately has never been released to CD. The ballad's lovely vocal was performed by Bonnie Bowden and written by Randy McNeill.

Most of the Sergio fans here at the Corner have tranferred these 'unreleased' albums from LP to CD on our own. VINTAGE '74 is a bit tougher to find than others, but not impossible. Keep an eye out on eBay.com or gemm.com as the LP shows up occasionally.

VINTAGE '74 is one of the more prized albums from the Brazil '77 days, since it contains a few genuine (and well-executed) Brazilian tunes like "The Waters Of March", "Lonely Sailor (Marinheiro Só)", "Você Abusou", and "Double Rainbow."

I'm not sure if "Waiting For Love" was included in a short-lived best-of Brasil '77 compilation released in Asia, since I don't have that one.

Harry
NP: VINTAGE '74, Sergio Mendes & Brasil '77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom