Where is the "Nashville Brass"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As instrumentals in general faded from radio,so did Danny Davis' career as a featured bandleader. The last real Nashville Brass albums go back to the early '80s. www.nashvillebrass.com has 28-count 'em 28-albums available on CD. 12 bucks each-free shipping-does this guy care about his fans or waht? Danny Davis still plays in Nashville,sometimes with Boots Randolph. And the TJB has------------one CD available. Mac

I looked at that website and am impressed with how many original albums are available. I wish Herb would do something like that. I think it's interesting too, that some albums are credited to DANNY DAVIS' NASHVILLE BRASS, while others are credited to DANNY DAVIS & THE NASHVILLE BRASS, and one CD is credited to to DANNY DAVIS NASHVILLE BRASS. Coincidence or perhaps trying to follow the Master's lead?

David,
who likes some Nashville Brass songs............

thetijuanataxi said:
I looked at that website and am impressed with how many original albums are available.

I purchased a couple of these albums ("Christmas" and "LIVE!") from Danny Davis' website. They are CD-Rs, with artwork (in a slim CD case) that looks like it was done on someone's home PC with a cheap graphics program! :tongue:

The sound on the two discs is O.K. It appears they were transfered from a tape source, not vinyl. "LIVE!" sounds a little thin on the low end, but "Christmas" sounds nice and full.

I have both of these albums on vinyl, but I been too busy to transfer any old LPs to CDs lately (and most of my records are in storage at this time)...so I suppose this is not-too-bad a substitute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom