Which Recording Artist do you Have the Most Albums of in Your Collection?

All of the late Lee Hazlewood stuff (5 CD's on regular) & the rest downloaded on Apple iTunes!! (including the box set from 1966 - 1971).

Hmm- out of the ones off the top of my heard- Carpenters, Amy Grant, Sting, Gloria Estefan, George Benson, Olivia Newton-John, I guess its Olivia.

If it's only physical discs (LPs and CDs), it would be either Carpenters, Amy Grant, Olivia Newton-John, or Kylie Minogue.

If digital downloads count, it's likely Herb Alpert. I bought all the HAP reissues as downloads, and that's a lot of albums!

If digital downloads count, it's likely Herb Alpert. I bought all the HAP reissues as downloads, and that's a lot of albums!
I do count downloads, since I try to buy most music as a download these days if I can, unless it's only available on vinyl or CD. In a few cases, I could spend $25 + shipping for an import CD or under $10 for the identical album via a download. Plus, some of the hi-res sets I bought were only available as downloads, like the Rush remasters.

I don't know exact counts, but without considering various bands and groups they were involved with, mine would probably be:

Herb Alpert
Sergio Mendes
Elton John

I've got almost everything these three have ever done, with the exception of very early Mendes. My most recent thing is the Elton John box set, Jewel Box, which has a bunch of rarities and b-sides and an impressive book.

I also have most Santana albums, but no compilations by him except the original Greatest Hits.

My collection is all CDs - tied for most are Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald, followed by Nat King Cole and Nancy Wilson - I also have a lot of Vic Damone, who I always thought had the best voice in the business (Frank thought so too) - I also have almost everything put out by Country/Bluegrass artist Alison Krauss, whose voice is uniquely beautiful. The Carpenters I have mostly as digital downloads so that I can make my own CDs with 18-20 songs each, and play in my pickup truck on my way to Trap shoots - her voice soothes my soul and relaxes me and I therefore shoot better in competition. And in Classical music, it's almost all Mozart almost all the time...

Back
Top Bottom