Which streaming services do you use?

Which music streaming service(s) do you use?

• 7Digital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amazon Music

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Apple Music

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Deezer

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Google Play Music

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Pandora

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Qobuz

• Spotify

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Tidal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YouTube (music via videos)

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • YouTube Music (music streaming only)

• Other (please reply in-thread; do not use this for "none")

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
For future content ideas, I wanted to toss a poll out here to see what everyone is using for streaming services. I know the services offer up their own subscriber numbers, but it's better to find out what our members are using specifically.

Please limit comments to which service(s) you use, and feel free to comment on which level of service or subscription you have, how you listen (at home, portable, in the car, etc.), and quality concerns you may have. Other comments ("I don't use it because...") and opinions will be removed--start another thread for those. 🙂

One note about Pandora--they acquired streaming service Rdio a couple of years ago, so they now offer more traditional streaming options in addition to their legacy semi-interactive predictive radio service that was an extension of the Music Genome Project.

Regarding the two YouTube choices--if you use the standard YouTube interface (with video) to listen to music, choose that one. If you have a YouTube Music app and use that service, choose it as well.

I am not including anything like Internet radio stations or services like TuneIn Radio or Sirius/XM Internet, as those are not services in which you can specifically choose artists, albums, tracks or playlists to listen to. Also, there is no need to vote if you do not use a streaming service.

Thank you!

Last edited:
To sample something I don't own a hard copy of, I'll look for it on YouTube. It may be a recording that I've never heard before, or a mix that's different from standard.

Spotify. I listen on my home PC. I stream music all the time now-I haven't bought physical product in seven years, and don't intend to. I've built lengthy playlists of songs I've enjoyed since before streaming was a thought. The service doesn't carry everything I look for, but I'm hopeful.

Spotify. I listen on my home PC. I stream music all the time now-I haven't bought physical product in seven years, and don't intend to. I've built lengthy playlists of songs I've enjoyed since before streaming was a thought. The service doesn't carry everything I look for, but I'm hopeful.

I felt the same way. Had been using Spotify for several years and was ready to accept that this was the way I would listen to music from now on.

Then one day I started playing some vinyl for the hell of it. I was amazed by how much the music came alive!

Streaming servicesare convenient, but there is no substitute for vinyl records..

We just need to know which one, and how...the use cases are irrelevant to the poll. :wink:

I currently use the free (ad supported) tier of Spotify and Deezer. I listen at home on my laptop, which is connected to a pair of JBL USB speakers. I tried the paid subscription of each for a couple of months, and while the streams are supposedly higher quality on the paid service, I couldn't really hear the difference through this setup. As I only use it to sample new music (to see if it's worth purchasing the CD), or for background music when cooking or washing dishes, the free version is "good enough". I also use YouTube (with videos), for needle drops of old albums that never got any kind of digital release.

I have a subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited. I use it various ways:

1. To provide background music at work
2. To check out something I've always wanted to hear but haven't owned before (and if I like it enough, I might go ahead and buy the CD)
3. To create short clips of songs I don't own for my fireworks soundtracks

I have the ability to use AMU in the vehicle, but internet and cell service is spotty enough around here that it's not reliable enough for long trip listening on the road. I use SiriusXM, or my own collection on iPod, in the vehicle.

Spotify for me. The library covers every genre imaginable and is incredible value for money. The ability to save content to your device for offline listening and create personalised playlists makes it even more attractive.

I just did. Kinda dropped the ball on that one! (At least it wasn't a poll created in 2013 or something.) :D

One grey area in the poll is Google Play Music vs. YouTube Music. I thought I've read that Google may be merging Google Play Music into YouTube Music. Yet I don't think either is all that popular compared to the others. If they do merge, I can alter the poll to combine them.

I just did. Kinda dropped the ball on that one! (At least it wasn't a poll created in 2013 or something.) :D
Vote early. Vote often. 😁

Once in awhile, I will access the "autorip" stuff on Amazon, but I'm not a subscriber to Amazon Music. Should that be voted upon?

Once in awhile, I will access the "autorip" stuff on Amazon, but I'm not a subscriber to Amazon Music. Should that be voted upon?
No, this is just for streaming. I'm trying to get content ideas (such as playlists) and seeing what others out there are using.

Although it would be interesting to see where others are purchasing downloads in another poll.

Spotify Premium. I just started a free 3-month premium trial. The site is easy to use. Their music library is impressive. You can customize playlists and play them offline. No advertisements on any of the songs so far... $9.99 per month once the trial offer is over. I'm paying more for Netflix and I hardly get my money's worth for that, but I have children in remote locations that download movies to their devices, otherwise I would pull the plug on it. I am pleased so far with Spotify, I most likely will continue on once the offer expires.

I don't really use a streaming service myself. Like others, I will search out something on You Tube then buy it or have my wife order it if I like it. I will listen when my wife streams Pandora, so I voted for that and You Tube in the poll (even though I'm not the one who physically hit Pandora on my device). I don't get much pleasure out of how Pandora plays music at me that it thinks I like. My wife has a "Herb Alpert" channel but Herb is only played once every two, three or four songs. And Pandora thinks those other songs in between are ones I'd like... Sometimes I do, but most often I don't.

--Mr Bill

Back
Top Bottom