Who makes the belly laugh at the end of NEVER ON SUNDAY?

S.J. Hoover

I listened to two, separate 1960s-era (stereo) copies of T.L.B. tonight and...while searching old threads to see if this had ever been mentioned before (it had: in 2003/2004); some replies to that closed thread speculated it was a tape dropout. I can *positively* say it was not...it was definitely the voice of someone in the band exclaiming a bellowing "Aarrgh!".
It comes in after the drumroll and the final trumpet note in the opposite channel and, the person's "growl" has reverb on it.

More than likely it was Hal Blaine or Julius Wechter. The drop-out discussion was probably about the beginning of the track on the Shout Factory edition.

On the left channel during the drumroll before the final note on the trumpet I hear something like a slight breath noise which sounded like Herb about to blow the final note if I am wrong I would appreciate the correction but it's one of the nice things about digital recordings you get to hear more details in the sound that just seemed unnoticeable on the analog counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom