Who Were Karen's Pallbearer's At Her Funeral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy

I'm wondering who carried the casket at Karen's funeral? I remember Herb Alpert being a pallbearer and I'm sure Richard was, too. But who else?

Kat

Kat, according to the Ray Coleman book, there were six pallbearers: Werner Wolfen, David Alley, Gary Sims, Roger Young, Ed Sultzer, and Herb Alpert. Richard was not a pallbearer. I know I've seen video clips of parts of the funeral and had a hard time picking out people I knew, except for Herb, who is so recognizable.

Marilyn

Now that you mention it, Chris, I think you're right. I think that Olivia walked alongside the casket, but would not be expected to help carry it. I also seem to remember seeing her in the video clips. The Coleman book doesn't mention this though.

Marilyn

I found a website. They say:

Pallbearers were Herb Alpert, Steven Alpert, John Bettis, Warren Wolfen, Gary Sims, Eddie Sulzer, David Alley and Ed Lefler. Honorary pallbearers were Olivia Newton-John, Burt Bacharach, Dorothy Hamill and Cubby O'Brien, the Mousketeer and Carpenters drummer.

I saw Richard was with Herb Alpert and Dionne Warwick at the video clip on NHK-TV on November 5th, 2001.

In the TV program there were very short clips of "Dancing in the Street" (Karen was playing the drums in a white short outfit. She was very lovely.) and "Close To You" (Karen was also playing the drums). How I wished I could watch her playing the drums longer. There was a clip of an interview with Karen (around 1970?). She was cute.

Sakura

Sakura, what you saw on this website may have been an article from the "Southeast News", 1983, which is also printed in Randy Schmidt's book "Yesterday Once More" on page 175-176. It looks like Coleman was just not complete enough in his listing. There may also be something in the fan club newsletters, which I haven't looked through in quite a while.

Marilyn

Yesterday I watched Olivia Newton-John's TV show (taped in 1982 and broadcast in 1983) for the first time. I don't know why I thought of Karen when I watched the show. Because of the year 1983, maybe.
Marilyn talked about newsletters. I read some of newsletters after Karen's passing away for the first time. ( I have not wanted to read the artcles or newsletter reporting Karen's death, because they make me crty.) In a newsletter they said that Karen's friend called Karen to tell her how much she enjoyed the Olivia Newton-John Special, while watching it on HBO on January 25th. Is this show the same show?

I have heard internet radio when I was writng. They broadcast Olivia's "I Honestly Love You" & "Physical" and Eagles' "Hotel California". They reminded me of Karen.
I also heard Barry Manilow. Barry's comment about Karen was on People magazine(1983 Feb.). Where and when have Karen and Barry met? at TV programs? or at award ceremony?

Sakura

Where and when have Karen and Barry met? at TV programs? or at award ceremony? Sakura

There might have been several other occasions where they met each other but one sure-fire meeting is printed on the back of Barry Manilow's re-release called Even Now which includes Can't Smile Without You.

Karen dropped by on Barry while he was recording at a A&M studio and he played back the song for Karen saying 'I wish it were mine' or so.
Some of you already know it and even have a copy of it, right? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom