Who's Going To The Julius Wechter Tribute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
Okay. My luck has changed drastically in the last few days (some things good, some bad) but the best thing is IT LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING TO GET TO GO TO THE TRIBUTE.

So I was wondering who else is going? Can everyone planning to attend post here? I plan to go to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank after the show, since it's been about a year since my last Big Boy fix.

Also, we should figure out a way for each of us to identify each other. I know what Steve Sidoruk and Steve Shaw look like, but that's about it. I "kind of" remember what Jeff K looks like from his Emmy-snubbed TV appearance last year. So who else is coming?

--Mr Bill
who will more than likely be wearing an IRS man button on his lapel to aid in identification... If only I had a cloisone marimba pin instead of a stupid clarinet one...

I have a "WE GIVE A DA&MN" button. But I won't be there to model it in person. :sad:

-= N =-
...heavily bummed...

Mr. Bill, I will be going. I know I don't post much, but you said to post if your going. Leaving Yakima, WA Sat morning.

Mike

I still have an extra ticket if anyone needs it let me know.

Jay/Juan,
I just emailed you regarding your extra ticket. The sales lady said there were still a few tickets left and they seemed to believe it would not sell out before Sunday. Since I have no credit card I can't order in advance. Being assured of your extra would make me feel much more confident of getting in. And thanks in advance.

--Mr Bill

cfpmike said:
Mr. Bill, I will be going. I know I don't post much, but you said to post if your going. Leaving Yakima, WA Sat morning.

Mike

Have a safe trip, Mike. See you there!

--Mr Bill

Just got word from Steve Sidoruk--he's in L.A. right now, catching up w/ everyone before the big event!

-= N =-

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!! It's Tomorrow, eh?! Sorry! My plans to get out there haven't fleshed out like I thought. :cry:

I'll just have to live the experience through those of you who CAN attend! :mad:

Anyway, Have Fun! :tongue: I'll just hope someone can reach down, pick me up and put me there. :rolleyes:

Dave

Gioccho Adesso: Michelle Phillips "Aching Kind" VICTIM OF ROMANCE A&M SP 4651

...Me... for the past 10 years, I must have been a victim, too... :|

Rudy said:
I have a "WE GIVE A DA&MN" button. But I won't be there to model it in person. :sad:

-= N =-
...heavily bummed...

Looking at the top of this page, the circle with A&M Corner in it looks like a perfect button, expect for promotional reasons it probably needs a ".com" somewhere. I'd be happy to buy a few and wear them to any A&M events, and if lots of us here feel the same you could mass produce. :)

Mr Bill said:
So I was wondering who else is going? Can everyone planning to attend post here?

Anyone who bought tickets through Cissy is seated together in one of two areas. So those people can presumably look around and find an A&M Corner member within a few seats if not in the very next one.

And I'm one of those (so, yes, I'm going!).

stefandaystrom said:
Looking at the top of this page, the circle with A&M Corner in it looks like a perfect button, expect for promotional reasons it probably needs a ".com" somewhere. I'd be happy to buy a few and wear them to any A&M events, and if lots of us here feel the same you could mass produce. :)

I've been looking into a couple of options for "branded" items...the buttons could be a neat idea!

Enjoy the show,

-= N =-

I've looked for that button on Ebay many times and have never seen it go
up for bid. Wonder what it would go for if it ever came up? Speaking of A&M
buttons, that is how I found Debbie Debosti at the concert, I had no idea
what she looked like, but she told me in an Email that she would have on a
"Baja Marimba Band is back" button. I saw a woman walking down the street with a button on her vest but couldn't see what it said, she turned around a few minutes later and came back into view. I sidled up and took a peek and
sure enough that's what it read. I excused myself for staring and asked if she was Debbie, she said "Hi Shirley" and gave me a big hug! :D
Oh and how did I meet Mr. Bill? I had gone to the "Will Call" window and asked if there was a ticket waiting for Shirley Wilson, the agent said no and I turned away. Suddenly this big tall guy came up to me and asked if I knew Shirley Wilson, when I told him I WAS Shirley Wilson he introduced himself as Bill Gowdy and I gave him a big hug! Fun meeting these posters and putting a face to the names I see so often.

Maaaan, I missed all the hugs!!! :sad: (But hey, at least I didn't encounter what everyone's describing as the "wet blanket" that showed up!!)

-= N =-

Aaawwwwww, thanks!! :D

-= N =-
...with the warm fuzzies, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom