• The Sandpipers

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Claudine Longet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Montez

• We Five

• Roger Nichols (& Small Circle of Friends)

• The Parade

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The Merry-Go-Round

• Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Another quickie poll! I have a feeling how it's going to turn out, but I had to ask. :wink: (Watch for another poll in a few days that repeats some of the same artists but eliminates some of the most popular choices...)

Be sure to chime in if I've overlooked anything major. And feel free to use the "write-in" vote. :wink:

-= N =-
...choices, choices...

Given those choices, I feel it's pretty much a no-brainer, at least as far as I'm concerned. Herb created and defined the label, so he HAS to be the clear choice. And it's not just out of loyalty or duty either -- I still enjoy Herb & the TJB just as much today as I did all those years ago.

Harry
...wondering if we'll hear from the Lucille Starr or George McCurn lobbying groups, online...

Harry said:
...wondering if we'll hear from the Lucille Starr or George McCurn lobbying groups, online...

Yep, and sooner than you thought...and don't forget Dave Lewis.

Dan, going with Ms. Savoie....

I also have to go with Herb & TJB. Not only for the creation of A&M, but also for giving me the inspiration to play music myself, and for opening up my ears to the music that wasn't considered very hip at the time, but still managed to outlast most other music.

Capt. Bacardi
...frustrated trombonist online (Gee, thanks Herb! :D )

It will be interesting to see what "scientific" poll results happen when some of the more popular acts are omitted.
What an amazing time the early years of A&M were. You could have been collecting the major artists' albums, and getting into the CTI series, without being aware how many outstanding acts were putting out singles at the time.
These included Toni Basil, T-Rex, Capt. Beefheart, Waylon, Rod McKuen, Terry Stafford, Bill Dana, Leon Russell and Robert John.
I didn't have a clue these singles existed during the 60s, but it's been great fun identifying and collecting them in the last 10 years.
JB --- thinking the MILLION DOLLAR SAMPLER should have been at least a 3-LP set, online

Actually, Music Box, Family Portrait and Million Dollar would have made a nice sampler set. Throw in Burt Bacharach & Friends for some more variety with a Bacharach twist, and...is Rhino Listening? (A&M: The Early Years.)

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom