1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Why do birds suddenly appear?

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Harry, Jan 6, 2018.

1. David A

David A Active Member

Thanks for this Harry. Always fun to read anything involving our favorite duo, especially something written as recently as in 2018 (even if light-weight stuff). I wonder if others agree with the choir director's view that the lyrical pauses are a big part of the "hook" for this song.

2. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    Maybe you have birdseed in your pocket?

Screenshot_20180106-212039.png

Or you are on the set of The Birds? :hide:

upload_2018-1-6_21-22-41.png

3. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    I've never actually asked this on my phone but I did just now...iPhone

Me asking Siri: Why do birds suddenly appear?

Siri Result: Just like me, they long to be close to you.

(according to the song (They Long to Be) Close To You made popular by Carpenters, from Close to You)
    Wolfram Alpha

David A, Don Malcolm and sussex salvo like this.
  4. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

It's kind of fun to go to Google and type short phrases such as "why do" or "how do you" or "what is," watch the dropdown suggestions and see what the current trending searches are.

5. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Active Member

UT
    I tried this with Amazon Echo and Alexa answered the question correctly. :D

6. ThaFunkyFakeTation

ThaFunkyFakeTation Ah am so steel een luv weeth yoo

When I tried Siri, I just got "I found this" and it showed me a page with the lyric. Did it twice and got the same result.

Ed

7. David A

David A Active Member

I asked "Ok Google" on my Droid "Why do birds suddenly appear", and it did not reply verbally but displayed a video on youtube of the song (the one from their first visit to England).