Why Doesn't Richard have his Own Website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Sorry if this has been covered before but I don't remember.

Does Richard have his own official website today? Did he ever?

Don't you think it would be nice if Richard could give something back to all the "diehard" fans that are "still" following him & the career of his sister-Karen?

What I am referring to is:

1. Would be nice to hear what Richard is up to these days & what he is planning for the future since the official fan club was disbanded. No more rumours.

2. There is so much Richard could do for the fans that keep buying the music even today, such as...on the next CD include a small tag that allows you to enter a site only available with a password that is included on that small tag inside the CD you purchase. (I purchased a CD from an artist that did just that, It was very professional & gave you access to special music videos, behind the scenes & other cool stuff)

3. We know at this point in Richard's life he does not need money, he is a millionaire (i think) but still I think for all that we have given to make the Carpenters what they were & are today & all staying with Richard & supporting him through good times & bad, for still buying all his compliation Cd's even if it is just for 1 small difference. I think it would be cool for him to give back to the fans something personal. Since he doesn't really do a full nationwide tour here in the US. Sometimes I just feel that without the fans...where is the artist?

4. The only site I ever go to is Yuko's for the latest news but I just crave for something more personal from Richard himself. If he is not into computers, surely he can direct this to someone he trusts & knows.

Just my thoughts, how do you all feel about this? What would you like to see from Richard on an official website?

I agree, he should have a site -- and so should EVERY artist nowadays. They are in a business, after all, and it's pretty much a given that you HAVE to have a website if you're in business now. For musicians, it's probably the best way they have to connect with fans without getting personal.

I looked at Gary Wright's website one time (www.thedreamweaver.com) and it had a link where you could "email Gary." So I sent a short fan letter and was completely surprised when he wrote back! very cool. RC (and Herb and Sergio) really should get on the web.

I do web design on the side for my church.
**Richard, consider this an official offer for me to do yours at no charge."
Mark

I like the idea of Richard having his own website :!: It would be very nive to be able to e-mail Richard and ask him about future Carpenters releases :!: :D

I agree with everyone here that it would be a great plus for the fans if Richard would decide to have a website. I also think it's long overdue. The time for it is now! I must admit that it would probably be a horrific job to decide what features to include.

Marilyn,
with high hopes!

PS I also wonder how Richard and family are affected by the fires. The Simi fire may be very near to him, I don't know.

Quite a while ago one of the duo's fans wrote to him and his assistant wrote back to say that the website was under way.
Since then, we haven't heard anything about that.

I wonder if he really feels the need to set up a website considering his status quo.

I think Richard and Mary live in Thousand Oaks and not, I hope, in direct line of the fire. However, it would be somewhat close to them.

BUT, Herb Alpert DOES live in Lake Arrowhead (at least he did 10 years ago when I lived in that area), and he might be in a bit more trouble than I think Richard and Mary are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom