Why We Chose the Avatar We Did

I believe your initial avatar was a movie character, though I'm not sure whom. I assumed it was meant for humorous effect.

Why the hell cant I remember this...I do remember it was from a movie and not even that long ago. Wow, talk about early Alzheimer's in my 20s. It'll come to me

I chose my avatar thanks To Harry who posted this image of Herb Alpert's 1984 l.p. cover Bullish which is one of my favorite 80s albums for sentimental and personal reasons and the image of the Bull to me is one of Boldness and strength and and I Have to Again Thank Harry for allowing me to use it as my avatar so far it seems to work just fine If it ain't broke Don't fix it.

There you go.... I've had the same avatar since Day One on the corner so might as well stick with it!
I know this feeling. I was a member of a Pink Floyd forum a bunch of years ago and I had the same avatar forever. One day, I got the whim to change it, and it just didn't feel right. I ended up putting the original one back.

Mine is a clearer version of the cover of Karen's self titled album back in 1996. I always think that the cover of Karen's album can be more enhanced in a way. I find her beautiful in the photo. So when I found this photo, I thought this could be a more decent album cover than the one used. This is also one of my favorite Karen photo.

That's what I use too for the artwork of the album when listening to it in my cellphone or PC.

I just wish her solo album thread would be open to give my opinion of it.

My photo is from my favorite Beatle, John, from The Beatles first album ''Please Please Me''. It is actually a gif of the four Beatles from that photo, their faces morphing one to the other.

I ended up changing mine again...remember those huge posters that use to hang on the outside of record stores? I ended up getting one from a used record store that said he got it from Peaches Records & Tapes, it's from Olivia's 1977 album cover of Making a Good Thing Better. It's huge and fills up almost an entire wall. I keep telling her she's my #1 female singer of all time and Karen is 2nd...she just smiles back.

I also found my avatar online. I don't know where or when it was taken, and it makes me wonder if it's not from a photo shoot. She just looks so carefree. Her smile is radiant, and it just stopped me dead when saw I it. It makes me happy every time I see it, and it's been my avatar since I joined the forum. It is a photo that makes me wish I could have met her in a social setting away from all the hoopla. It's just fun.

Nothing fancy for mine, just a common stock black & white photo I copied off the internet. I believe when I was signing up as a member, I chose it quickly just because the request was there. Of all her photos it jumped out. I like the way it sums up Karen to me: immensely talented (singing and drumming), joyful (by her facial expression), and her natural beauty.

It dawned on me this weekend that we each have unique avatars. Thought it might be fun to share we why chose what we did. I'll start.

Years back when I was young and broke, I saw this photo of Karen inside the "Anthology" music book. Loved it instantly, and I knew it to be from the Hush photo sessions.

Not having a reason to buy the book as I'm not a musician, I passed on it.

Years later, it came to my mind, so I asked about it on the forum.
Murray had it and graciously sent me a scan of it. So, I adopted it as my avatar.

There's a wistful look on Karen's face with a vulnerability I sensed that I have associated with her in the years since her passing.

Interestingly, I posted it on my blog, and it has become one of the most downloaded images I have.

There's my reasons for choosing my particular avatar. What are yours?

You have a great one Mark. That's Karen at her ultimate "girl next door" look!:love:

I chose my avatar thanks To Harry who posted this image of Herb Alpert's 1984 l.p. cover Bullish which is one of my favorite 80s albums for sentimental and personal reasons and the image of the Bull to me is one of Boldness and strength and and I Have to Again Thank Harry for allowing me to use it as my avatar so far it seems to work just fine If it ain't broke Don't fix it.

Bobberman; Love that neon bull. Nice selection.

I've also decided to try a new Avatar. This one's based on the 80's black label logo with the added "Preserving The Sound Online" slogan at the bottom.
Great Choice Harry and it is in keeping with the old school spirit of A&M (Pre polygram era of course)

Yeah this black theme is cool. It goes well with my avatar as well and is a lot easier to read at night when I do most of my lurking.

My first avatar was a screen grab from the "Rainy Days" video most everyone knows. I changed it after some months, to this one.

I honestly do not remember where I saw it; one of you may recognize where it came from (if so, please enlighten). I was searching for something that incorporated her love of drums and when I saw this I was struck by it. Karen appears happy, in her element, and beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom