Why We Chose the Avatar We Did

I like the concept of abstract imagery showing people who have gone on, because it makes a statement that the person is here only in memory and has left an imprint behind, not as sharp as when they were here living and breathing. It's kind of hard for a lot of people to understand that sentiment, but I consider it to be a powerful one.

I love that idea. I'd never thought it like that before! Very powerful indeed.

Likewise, having met Karen myself when I was only 3 years old, my memory of her is also hazy and not as clear as if I had met her when I was older.

If you don't mind me being nosy, how did you come to meet Karen when you were so young? :)

I chose mine because Karen looks so happy. I love to see her playing the drums as she always seemed in her element.

I agree. I`ve watched probably hundreds of videos of these guys and there`s no doubt in my mind, she was never the same after she was removed from those drums, she was just in a different place on those!
great to hear you play yourself, any videos of you playing ... YouTube?? :)

I agree. I`ve watched probably hundreds of videos of these guys and there`s no doubt in my mind, she was never the same after she was removed from those drums, she was just in a different place on those!
great to hear you play yourself, any videos of you playing ... YouTube?? :)

Definitely! The look on her face when she was playing makes me smile everytime.

No videos as yet (I've only recently started playing again after quite a long break), but watch this space :) haha.

This is quite random and off-topic, but I was actually browsing your website yesterday (I love your videos!) and I was wondering if there was anywhere I could see the video you made of Make Your Own Kind of Music. When I click the link on your page it just says restricted.

This is quite random and off-topic, but I was actually browsing your website yesterday (I love your videos!) and I was wondering if there was anywhere I could see the video you made of Make Your Own Kind of Music. When I click the link on your page it just says restricted.

Glad you like the videos, thank you and I`m sure we all look forward to seeing you play, so we will certainly `watch this space` :)
reference the video, it was there, but was blocked by YouTube a few weeks back, for some reason though, they only appear to have blocked one part of it, because I uploaded it in two parts.
it`s clearly no good without one or the other, so when they blocked one, I removed the other.
what I will do, is put a `contact me` page on my site and if you contact me through that, I`m more than happy to send it you on disc for nothing if it helps :)

Glad you like the videos, thank you and I`m sure we all look forward to seeing you play, so we will certainly `watch this space` :)
reference the video, it was there, but was blocked by YouTube a few weeks back, for some reason though, they only appear to have blocked one part of it, because I uploaded it in two parts.
it`s clearly no good without one or the other, so when they blocked one, I removed the other.
what I will do, is put a `contact me` page on my site and if you contact me through that, I`m more than happy to send it you on disc for nothing if it helps :)

That would be great, thank you :) You can never guess with YouTube as to what they'll allow and what they won't!

I find this picture of Karen quite haunting, like she's l
I’ve messaged :)

Hi Anna, for some reason, the messages aren't getting forwarded to me, I`ve even tested it myself, so what I`ve done, is put my email address in the page `ABOUT`, so just copy and paste it from there sweetheart. apologies about that, I`m not sure why it isn't working :)

Hi Anna, for some reason, the messages aren't getting forwarded to me, I`ve even tested it myself, so what I`ve done, is put my email address in the page `ABOUT`, so just copy and paste it from there sweetheart. apologies about that, I`m not sure why it isn't working :)

Thanks for letting me know. No worries. I’ll email you when I get in :)

Mine is a visual for a playlist I made called "Upbeat Carpenters."

It would be cool if there was an album "Dancing with The Carpenters" with bonus club remixes.
A good dance remix never really went out of fashion, and often The Carpenters sound so sad.
Yet, Karen was an upbeat person for the most part, so it was a unique take on them.

The list was something like this:

All I can do
Breaking up is hard to do
There's a kind of Hush
B'wana she no home
Sweet Sweet Smile
Dancing in the Street
Touch me when we're dancing
Kiss me the way you did last night
Want you back in my life again
Prime time love
Slow Dance

Save for Karen's Disco songs too. :D

Last edited:
It’s the cover for my favourite song ever “NOW” it’s more the song than the picture really

Back
Top Bottom