wild idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I have a wild idea that just might work. A lot of people like compilations of the Carpenters instead of having to buy all the original albums. Universal should release a compilation like Yesterday Once More and have different versions with different mixes to satisfy everybody.

Version A-original album version of songs
Version B-remixes of songs
Version C-latest remixes of songs

If that would be confusing they could release the compilations under different names. I don't know why they didn't think of this before :!: :D

Ehh, I think there are enough compilations. People who only want to buy a compilation probably don't care all that much about what "mix" they're listening to.

My personal favorite wish is that RC would find a new, unknown, wonderful vocalist and make some NEW music.

Not to replace Karen -- that would be impossible -- but just so he could move forward instead of scraping the same grooves over and over again.

I agree with you, Mike. However, an artist just gives his/her fans what they want, and it seems that all people want when it comes to The Carpenters are remixes, compilations of never-before-released stuff, and a continuation of the back catalog of albums. I think it's unfair. I'm sorry, but that was another era. The Carpenters as a duo are no more. Richard Carpenter should be allowed to pursue a solo career and people can either accept it or reject it. His sister tried the same thing, so there's no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to. :rolleyes:

alpertfan said:
Richard Carpenter should be allowed to pursue a solo career and people can either accept it or reject it. His sister tried the same thing, so there's no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to. :rolleyes:

Well, Richard did release an excellent solo album, TIME, back in 1987, but it wasn't exactly embraced by the record buying public. He had been considering a concert tour, but sales of the album were so poor that he decided not to tour. He also tried producing for other singers, but the three albums that resulted also went nowhere. He probably became discouraged, and retreated into what he knew would sell, the endless string of Carpenters compilations.

Murray
...who wishes he would record a jazz album, online..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom